Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Regina, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Tesla tech has to come onsite to inspect and activate them. I expect they’re waiting until all of the chargers across the country are done so they can do a single (or maybe two) trips across the country activating them as they go. It’s not terribly efficient to jump around on the map bypassing ones that aren’t ready and coming back to them later. There’s still a good number of chargers under active construction.

@InternetDude As others have pointed out I think it has more to do with combining it with the truck announcement opportunity. It’s now scheduled for Nov 21. Expect another shout out from Elon for SK and those chargers lighting up like a Christmas tree on Nov 21

Latest info is that Grand Forks is in site development/planning but not yet under construction. Supercharger - Grand Forks ND
In fact latest update - Oct 21 - after a big snowfall, the location was ICE'd - for real, with giant snow pile from parking lot dumped on the location. I doubt much has disappeared in the last weeks unless it's been dug out.

The real question is where the crew doing Fargo site prep went - home? Jamestown? GF? Pembina?

Saw that @planeboy1 on twitter posted a couple of pictures today. It looks like the Tesla Engineers were on-site testing out the Regina supercharger. It was deactivated when they left however. Photo evidence to show it was briefly lit up.
6424239F-4292-468F-B340-7DE127A37644.jpeg

Attachments

• A6117CF7-375C-40E5-AB39-56840271DC7F.jpeg
    A6117CF7-375C-40E5-AB39-56840271DC7F.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 62
Saw that @planeboy1 on twitter posted a couple of pictures today. It looks like the Tesla Engineers were on-site testing out the Regina supercharger. It was deactivated when they left however. Photo evidence to show it was briefly lit up. View attachment 479350
Sounds similar to what just happened in North Bay ON, except the Model X was there for 4 days: SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

Well so much for the cyber truck unveiling theory. Guess they’re just not ready and missed an opportunity. The unveiling was also super rushed compared to the Y. Franz unintentionally vandalizing it on stage also probably didn't help the agenda

Well so much for the cyber truck unveiling theory. Guess they’re just not ready and missed an opportunity. The unveiling was also super rushed compared to the Y. Franz unintentionally vandalizing it on stage also probably didn't help the agenda

Oh I still laugh and shake my head. They spent all that time dropping balls through a tube, then destroyed the window, then they had to try again and destroyed the back window. Didn't they notice the thing bouncing around and loosening all the clamps? Didn't they think that installed there was no give and they might wanna test that out? Even my dumb 'donkey' woulda thought of that, and Elon's like 200 times smarter than me. I want a picture of his reaction and put an inspirational message at the bottom, "If Elon and crew can F UP this bad, don't feel too bad about your own screwups" or something like that.
We now return you to waiting out winter without superchargers.

Oh I still laugh and shake my head. They spent all that time dropping balls through a tube, then destroyed the window, then they had to try again and destroyed the back window. Didn't they notice the thing bouncing around and loosening all the clamps? Didn't they think that installed there was no give and they might wanna test that out? Even my dumb 'donkey' woulda thought of that, and Elon's like 200 times smarter than me. I want a picture of his reaction and put an inspirational message at the bottom, "If Elon and crew can F UP this bad, don't feel too bad about your own screwups" or something like that.

They tested it. A few times even.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GloriousGrotesqueKawala-mobile.mp4

Tesla Cybertruck GIF by linestorm | Gfycat

Reactions: Vawlkus
The funny thing is, as we all get to know each other here as we all impatiently wait to fire them up, most of us all watching the same threads, as soon as they get turned on, these threads will all end.
You forgot about a few things:

-days, if not weeks, of people wondering when each supercharger will be put in the Nav and on the Tesla map (why this is such a big deal to some people is beyond me).

-the inevitable "now we need them to light up Highway 11 through Kapuskasing" type hopes and wishes.

-then the petty complaints such as "well I'm glad we finally got this supercharger but the bathroom at the Timmy's was dirty!" and "why didn't they put this at the other end of town where my favourite <insert random business> is!?!?"

I think you all have it wrong. The fact that they broke the windows was a great marketing ploy. I actually think it was meant that way. Can you imagine how much more media coverage they got with the windows breaking? So many millions more people becoming aware of the cyber truck than if the test has worked. A great advertising trick. Also I do not think that it put anyone off. We all know that most windows break when you thru a steel ball at them!!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I think you all have it wrong. The fact that they broke the windows was a great marketing ploy. I actually think it was meant that way. Can you imagine how much more media coverage they got with the windows breaking? So many millions more people becoming aware of the cyber truck than if the test has worked. A great advertising trick. Also I do not think that it put anyone off. We all know that most windows break when you thru a steel ball at them!!
Just a lucky accident. If it was actually planned, they would have first broken the window of the white door because many people don't realize that side window glass shatters into little cubes, they think of windshield glass which has a tough centre film. Also the expressions did not appear to be staged (Elon is not very good at that).

Reactions: Vawlkus