Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Regina, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uhhhggg. I understand why they put the pedestals in like that. It probably helps save trenching and simplified installation. Unfortunately, it makes it impossible to charge with a trailer, and nearly so with bicycles on a rack.

Based on X-men's photo alone (re-posted below), this is without a doubt, a V3 Supercharger! As proof, the stall at the V3 Supercharger in Hawthorne has the same exact rating: 350A / 500 VDC (175 kW continuous power). For comparison, here is a photo of the rating on a V2 Supercharger: 410A / 270A (111 kW continuous power).

Also, here is a photo of one of the V3 stalls in Las Vegas (note the thin cable). Here is a photo of a V2 stall from the same angle (note the fat cable). Here is another photo of the new stalls in Regina, SK posted by X-men on this forum, also from the same angle (note the thin cable, i.e. V3).
20191004_183113-jpg.462741

Last edited:
stopped there on Saturday and plugged in. Not powered up yet. :(
I am really hoping they put another in the W/NW part of the city.
I am presuming in this answer that you live closer to the W/NW part of the city, if not, then disregard...

Our experience here in Fredericton regarding proximity of the Supercharger...
Our local SC is 12% battery away from home on the far end of town. I really thought it would be useless to us, but very quickly realized that it's just the opposite.
All of our "Local" usage is charged at home (work would also be a reasonable replacement but we work at home). This is where our car (and probably yours) will likely spend the vast majority of it's time.
When we are on the road 2-3 times a week, we have to drive by the SC both ways most of the time.
That means that on the rare occasion we don't have time to top the car up to 100% in the morning before we leave, we can stop on the way out of town and fairly quickly get the car back to where it would have been as we passed the SC (~90%) if we had topped it up before leaving.
Most importantly though is when we are on the way home. We can leave where we are to head home with 12% less in the battery than it takes to get home, since we know we can stop at the SC on the way. This we do ALL the time! Especially as until this week we only had Chademo available to us when we were at our most common destinations.
It has been revolutionary.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf