Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Revere, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is indeed open. I was getting 40kW at a 80% SoC
F0391BDC-C14A-4F04-92FF-DB751BBEBEE8.jpeg

Charged here for the first time yesterday. Convenient to Logan Airport (10 mins from the cell phone lot). I had some time before picking up my son who flew in. Rolled in with a 42% SOC, left with 82%. Took about 22 mins. Peaked at 163kW in the first 5 mins then tapered off quickly.
MY/LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue&Black

Charged here for the first time yesterday. Convenient to Logan Airport (10 mins from the cell phone lot). I had some time before picking up my son who flew in. Rolled in with a 42% SOC, left with 82%. Took about 22 mins. Peaked at 163kW in the first 5 mins then tapered off quickly.
MY/LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue&Black

Since I have a Chademo adapter, I've been using that one at the airport gas station. It is free too!

• Informative
Reactions: JWardell
You need the $450 Chademo adapter...
Agreed ☹️
I did some research last night and didn’t find any inexpensive alternatives to the Tesla version. I saw a couple of used ones on eBay in the $300 range but not sure I should trust those. Do you know of any inexpensive but safe knock-offs? I mostly home charge at 11 cents per kWh off-peak and occasionally use SC’s. When I go to our condo in VT they have free destination chargers. So I would only use the CHAdeMO infrequently and can’t justify the $450 expense.

Agreed ☹️
I did some research last night and didn’t find any inexpensive alternatives to the Tesla version. I saw a couple of used ones on eBay in the $300 range but not sure I should trust those. Do you know of any inexpensive but safe knock-offs? I mostly home charge at 11 cents per kWh off-peak and occasionally use SC’s. When I go to our condo in VT they have free destination chargers. So I would only use the CHAdeMO infrequently and can’t justify the $450 expense.

Important to note:

Nissan introduced a new EV the other day, and it has CCS in it. They are abandoning CHAdeMO in North America.

An adapter now would probably be useful for a few years, but down the road, it seems we'll be down to Tesla, CCS, and J-1772.

Reactions: Tdreamer
This supercharger is listed as V3 but all the chargers have stickers on them that say 500V and 350Amps which is 175 kW. Does anything over 150 kW qualify as V3, even if they don't support the full 250 kW charging which was the rate I saw advertised with V3?

This supercharger is listed as V3 but all the chargers have stickers on them that say 500V and 350Amps which is 175 kW. Does anything over 150 kW qualify as V3, even if they don't support the full 250 kW charging which was the rate I saw advertised with V3?

Those stickers are present on all V3 superchargers. The specs in stickers relate to continuous operation, not peak power.

Today Revere is showing Out of order for 1A 1B 1C 1D (and right now showing the others are in use). I didn’t drive by to see if it’s due to construction, etc…
Could be service being performed on the supercharger (that feeds 1A/B/C/D) or a failure. Either way, Tesla would know about it directly via telematics.

As long as people navigate to the superchargers vs. just go assuming all is normal, they would also see the availability when doing so and make an informed choice on going there or elsewhere.

Reactions: kayak1