Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P.S. for this quote: I’ve been on PlugShare for 3 years and never once has that happened to me, ever. Could you post me a screen pic of that?
Adding a new location:
upload_2019-10-7_19-35-0.png
Selecting "Supercharger" in the list - not "tesla"

upload_2019-10-7_19-37-24.png

Any update on this supercharger?
Is it operational yet?
Nowhere near finished construction- I just dropped by for a look this afternoon (10/20/2019). The area is still fenced off and surrounded by a dark mesh so didn’t try to take any photos in the pouring rain today - but I could see there’s still bare white PVC pipe sticking up where the pedestals should go (no pedestals themselves in sight). A few workers there sweeping up something in the rain but not much real work going on at the moment

p.s. I really hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing this location is going to be ICE’d frequently - even though the stations are on the edge of the parking lot adjacent to Westminster Ave, it’s close enough to the busy entrance to The Bay in this otherwise usually busy lot. Hopefully there’s good enforcement here (May be some hope if the notorious towing companies enforcing other Richmond parking lots are involved)

Last edited:
Nowhere near finished construction- I just dropped by for a look this afternoon (10/20/2019). The area is still fenced off and surrounded by a dark mesh so didn’t try to take any photos in the pouring rain today - but I could see there’s still bare white PVC pipe sticking up where the pedestals should go (no pedestals themselves in sight). A few workers there sweeping up something in the rain but not much real work going on at the moment

p.s. I really hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing this location is going to be ICE’d frequently - even though the stations are on the edge of the parking lot adjacent to Westminster Ave, it’s close enough to the busy entrance to The Bay in this otherwise usually busy lot. Hopefully there’s good enforcement here (May be some hope if the notorious towing companies enforcing other Richmond parking lots are involved)
I don't think they are working that much or fast in the pouring rain, it has been super rainy for the last two weeks or so and minimal changes.

It's Richmond, so its either going to get ICE'd or Tesla'ed (parked but not charging) especially at that location. I'll repeat again but Landsdowne would've been a better location.

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a

Fears of ICEing are generally overblown. If it's getting enough use, ICE owners will stay out of the way. If it's not getting much use, then having a couple stalls ICEd generally isn't a limiting factor.

Reactions: GHammer
Fears of ICEing are generally overblown. If it's getting enough use, ICE owners will stay out of the way. If it's not getting much use, then having a couple stalls ICEd generally isn't a limiting factor.
If you live in Vancouver and you are talking about driving in Richmond, the first thing that comes into people's heads is this:

Richmond Learns to Park

It's Richmond, so its either going to get ICE'd or Tesla'ed (parked but not charging) especially at that location. I'll repeat again but Landsdowne would've been a better location.

Case in point - I was at Ikea in Richmond where there are 4 well-marked and well-used L2 EV plugs (free). The chargers are well away from the store entrance, almost as far away as you can get in the covered parkade without having to park in uncovered outside lot. Between the entrance and EV chargers there are usually lots of available regular parking spots - as there were this particular weekday afternoon. However there parked in 1 of the 4 EV charging spots was a Model 3, not even plugged in. Meanwhile the other 3 EV spaces are occupied and being used properly.

not an isolated observation whether there or certain other locations around town. seen lots of non-Tesla EVs guilty of same, too. Again, I hope I’m wrong and there’s no problems at the new Richmond Supercharger especially with the relatively large number of stalls they're installing....

Stopped by today and talked to the building crew, cool people, and they said construction should be done by the end of November! Yay

Attachments

• FD128CC0-12F8-408B-AC3B-3C3BF3AC7DC6.jpeg
    FD128CC0-12F8-408B-AC3B-3C3BF3AC7DC6.jpeg
    981.4 KB · Views: 85
  • FBD63043-14FD-49A2-B5ED-2213EA40F579.jpeg
    FBD63043-14FD-49A2-B5ED-2213EA40F579.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 6CBFCBEF-AA18-426B-8AB5-BBA897BF8A44.jpeg
    6CBFCBEF-AA18-426B-8AB5-BBA897BF8A44.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • 67F4EDB9-2483-4C0B-A13A-86812E013E94.jpeg
    67F4EDB9-2483-4C0B-A13A-86812E013E94.jpeg
    993.9 KB · Views: 82
good to know.

My guess is 20 chargers is actually necessary.

Last time I did an overnight test drive, went to a surrey super charger and they were full even at 9 pm with a line up.
Tesla still gives overnight test drives? Mind if I ask to have one with a 2020 Tesla Roadster? Because I think ICBC would charge me the cost of a Model 3 ~($50k) for insurance of a Roadster.

It was for a model 3 and I had put down a deposit (although I am not sure if that was a requirement as long as you're seriously considering it).

I took it Friday night though and was asked to bring back Saturday morning 30 mins prior to the store opening hours with more than 50% of charge (for weekday they said it wouldnt have mattered, but their weekends are busy with test drives). This was W4th store.

My friend who bought one was given a key and was told he can go as far as he wants. went from the store to UBC and drove back lol.

Anyways, cant wait till the chargers come online and see how busy it gets.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Right now, Surrey (Guildford) SuperCharger (12 stations) is the busiest in the lower mainland on a regular basis.
Even though they are only 72kW Urban Superchargers (the smaller ones without the hole in the middle).
Richmond SuperCharger will easily become the busiest unless maybe the upcoming Burnaby Service Center or White Rock SuperChargers get built.

Right now, Surrey (Guildford) SuperCharger (12 stations) is the busiest in the lower mainland on a regular basis.
Even though they are only 72kW Urban Superchargers (the smaller ones without the hole in the middle).
Richmond SuperCharger will easily become the busiest unless maybe the upcoming Burnaby Service Center or White Rock SuperChargers get built.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

Hopefully, other chargers that will be installed in the lower mainland will be 150kW and not urban.