Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverdale Park, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no transformer :(

The only good news is the black tape holding the busted stall is now gone, someone was poking at it, likely fixed it.
09B79BE9-BC2D-431A-A9B3-387A8E67B55A.jpeg
5A8DE7CC-4ABA-479C-97B5-A1190D4700FA.jpeg

A Model S with NJ tags showed up, tried it, left disappointed.

Thanks for the info local guys. I've been in touch with the parking authorities at UMD since they have peculiar rules about who can park where and when. Looks like I'll be at the regent's garage for a while before I try to drive down the Dulles and then Mt Vernon.

Just stopped by here since I'm running low a on SOC (51 miles) and be able to make it to the Springfield, VA Supercharger with one other stop in MD and not dip below 10% SOC. Charging on stall 3B, only outputting max 68 kW on a 90 degrees partly cloudy day. Only need an extra 50 something miles added. Decent place and easy to get to.

Reactions: PStewart
The Tesla app is showing the Riverdale Park supercharger at 8/8 available this morning. It hasn't shown more than 6 for some time. If anyone gets a chance, check out the 2 chargers on the far right to see if they work. Perhaps this supercharger is now fully active?

I know a Supercharger is better, but there are J1772’s at the Whole Foods in the same center. Also a bunch of chargers at UMD. Look at PlugShare.com for available options.

Actually a Supercharger is not always better. If you don't want to have to return to the car when it is done charging in an hour a level 2 charger is much better. I've used a destination charger while eating once and got some 30 kW or so on the car. More than the drive to the restaurant for sure.

Reactions: theflyer
Actually a Supercharger is not always better. If you don't want to have to return to the car when it is done charging in an hour a level 2 charger is much better. I've used a destination charger while eating once and got some 30 kW or so on the car. More than the drive to the restaurant for sure.

If you don't have free supercharging, the free destination charging is also better if you're not on a trip. I've plugged in at that Whole Foods when I stopped to shop there once on my way back from College Park. If I can plug into a destination charger (free or reasonably priced against my home power) I always take the opportunity to do so.

If you don't have free supercharging, the free destination charging is also better if you're not on a trip. I've plugged in at that Whole Foods when I stopped to shop there once on my way back from College Park. If I can plug into a destination charger (free or reasonably priced against my home power) I always take the opportunity to do so.

If there were enough destination chargers so I could charge where I park other than home/friend's homes, I wouldn't need to Supercharge. There actually is a couple of 1772 chargers where my friend lives, but they are a half mile away from his house at the other end of the complex by an apartment building. The main facility is across the street from his house, but that was built over a decade ago and has no charging facility that I know of. It also doesn't have nearly enough parking either. lol

So I was here last night. Charge went fine, I just got a little bit of juice ;)
But how do you find out the rate? It showed a few dollars on my charging screen, but I don't see where I get charged at. they just use the credit card I have on the account or something? I see other supercharging stations around (via the app) but again, how can one find out the rate?? I mean I went to this one personally and still didn't see a rate. Just a final price after charging