Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA - Arden Way (LIVE 11 Aug 2018, 19 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18D80A56-3221-469C-80B7-5C7404B57A9D.jpeg
Still taped up

That’s also the biggest transformer I’ve seen at a supercharger location

• Informative
Reactions: Acps110 and pkodali
The shorter green cabinet is a high voltage junction box. SCE also likes to use these but I see a lot fewer in PG&E territory. I think PG&E tends to put them in bunkers instead of above ground cabinets. However, I'm not in the biz, so that's just an outsider's casual observation.

The shorter green cabinet is a high voltage junction box. SCE also likes to use these but I see a lot fewer in PG&E territory. I think PG&E tends to put them in bunkers instead of above ground cabinets. However, I'm not in the biz, so that's just an outsider's casual observation.
This location is served by SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District)

Stopped by today and finally looked at the stalls inside the parking lot. Everything looks complete with the exception of there being yellow caution tape stuck on the actual chargers. Surprisingly, the only car that was parked in any of the spaces was a blue Model S that pulled in forward rather than backing in per charger requirements.

• Informative
Reactions: TMobe
I'm curious what "USA Volition" means on the ground. It looks like something painted there during construction.

"Underground service alart"

White spray paint is the local agency (Sacramento city in this case). I've never had a violation called on one of my tickets, one could guess Tesla did not call for a USA to happen, but then SMUD would not have completed their work. Tickets can expire after 90 days, but it's insanley easy to renew them with 811 north online. Interesting, I'm going to ask around at work to see if I can get clarification on a "USA Violation"

"Underground service alart"

White spray paint is the local agency (Sacramento city in this case). I've never had a violation called on one of my tickets, one could guess Tesla did not call for a USA to happen, but then SMUD would not have completed their work. Tickets can expire after 90 days, but it's insanley easy to renew them with 811 north online. Interesting, I'm going to ask around at work to see if I can get clarification on a "USA Violation"
But it doesn't say "VIOLATION," it says "VOLITION."

Reactions: TMobe and Pluto
I'm curious what "USA Volition" means on the ground. It looks like something painted there during construction.
Ah but we had fun talking about it while nobody DuckDuckGo'd it ...

USA is the Underground Search Agency, or something like that. They might have a hokey name for it. It doesn't mean United States of America; to me, it seems odd they would choose a name that has confusing initials like that. The rest is probably the name of the company that did it:

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 4.21.38 PM.png

Or, maybe, it is the name of the company who is interested in digging in that area, or who owns the pipes:

Volition inc.

They're both from the area where the Gigafactory 1 is. They probably have prior working experience with Tesla or are trying to get it.

Last edited: