Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20140925_125738.jpg

Just drove by the spot. It's still cordoned off but everything seems to be ready. I think it will be up very soon pending final sign off.

View attachment 60010

Just drove by the spot. It's still cordoned off but everything seems to be ready. I think it will be up very soon pending final sign off.

Am I seeing things, or was the black chain link fence moved CLOSER to the SuperCharger locations?
it appears there is even less room to navigate into the spaces than there was before.

turning on the power is up to the inspector and NStar at this point, Tesla has completed all of the site work.

I guess the reporter couldn't find a Tesla owner to ask, so she asked the sales manager of the Nissan dealership if he thought the supercharger would be popular with Tesla owners? Or was it just a way to get the local Nissan dealership mentioned in the article, since they advertise in the newspaper and Tesla doesn't.
The comment that the "station will stand as a testament to the economic benefits of replacing the rotary with what is now known as the Sagamore flyover" is even dumber. It's like people couldn't get there in the "old days" when we had a rotary there.

I love rotaries. Classic Massachusetts defensive driving in action! I wish they never replaced the Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford. It always takes me longer to get through the new "improved" intersection there then in the old days.

The comment that the "station will stand as a testament to the economic benefits of replacing the rotary with what is now known as the Sagamore flyover" is even dumber. It's like people couldn't get there in the "old days" when we had a rotary there.

I love rotaries. Classic Massachusetts defensive driving in action! I wish they never replaced the Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford. It always takes me longer to get through the new "improved" intersection there then in the old days.

So...per the Article....

Tesla Supercharger because flyover. Nissan. Thanks.

Saw the charger from the road as I was speeding by today coming home from P-town, didn't bother stopping. Was able to charge at the Cape Colony Inn during my stay in P-town, albeit only for 12 hrs/day (110v. outlets were on a timer) and the Tesla dropped the amperage (because it sensed bad wiring) to 9, thus I was only able to get 2 miles/hr charge. It worked for me though as P-town is a pedestrian city. Was feeling a little nervous because of the rain and lower temps so I decided to charge in Hanover at the (free) ChargePoint in the mall. Started at 21 miles/hr and slowly dropped to 18 miles/hr over an hour charge - lame. I had read somewhere that ChargePoint and other J-1772 charging companies were asked by Tesla or another interested party to increase the amperage of the chargers to help out Tesla drivers. I would think this would be a good proposition for any business that has J-1772 chargers as the more traffic using the charger the more peripheral business would be generated.

Couldn't agree with you more. They should have improved the rotary without replacing it. I avoid it as much as possible