Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Angelo, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided today to visit both the Early and San Angelo sites today.

San Angelo does appear pretty much done with the exception of the transformer not being in place yet as stated in some previous posts. The cabinets and posts are installed. Doesn't look like they went with pre-fabs on this install. Here is a pic of the whole site as of today. It will be 8 v3 stalls.

IMG_1744.JPG

Drove by the site today (2 Aug) and sill no transformer.
I noticed that work on our site in Hamilton has slowed, and there is no transformer yet.

I've read that there is a nationwide transformer shortage. I talked with a friend who is an electrician, and he said ordinary pole transformers are hard to get and there are "no spares" for large transformers. He also said if there's another Carrington Event now, we are all screwed.

I noticed that work on our site in Hamilton has slowed, and there is no transformer yet.

I've read that there is a nationwide transformer shortage. I talked with a friend who is an electrician, and he said ordinary pole transformers are hard to get and there are "no spares" for large transformers. He also said if there's another Carrington Event now, we are all screwed.
From following these installs for a while, it seems like they don't start them unless they have everything they need more or less lined up. Transformer seems to always be the last thing and sometimes takes a little time, but usually not too much longer once most of the work is done.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
The utility company is the one that provides the transformer along with the final electricity hookup, so it’s not at all unusual to have a wait. Sometimes the transformer is delivered and installed, but it takes a while to get the meter, and even then it can take a while to get turned on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Autobots Roll Out! Its Transformer Day! ;)
They said they should be done with their part today.
My wife had to drive down in our ICE truck because its just a little to far to make it in the M3. Looks like this will be the last time having to do that :)
Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 11.20.28 AM.png

Attachments

• CAS- - 1 (12).jpg
    CAS- - 1 (12).jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 11.22.25 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 11.22.25 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Autobots Roll Out! Its Transformer Day! ;)
They said they should be done with their part today.
My wife had to drive down in our ICE truck because its just a little to far to make it in the M3. Looks like this will be the last time having to do that :)View attachment 967854
Thanks for the update. We have a trip planned for San Angelo next weekend. Maybe it will be open then. If not it's the Tundra, last time we took the M3 it kept warning me that I was nowhere near a charging station. Luckily we could charge at an acquaintance's house but it took 6 hours to go from 20% to 100%. Now we can visit San Angelo more and not worry about taking up someone's charge for that long.