Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the huge demand for San Diego SCs and the lack of available slots, I think it would be great if the standard car park $8/hr is charged. This would allow the people who need to charge to get one, and the ones that don't really need it, won't bother.
I would prefer a bid/ask free market trading strategy, where each parking gets to bid for a price each time (and pass it up if the price doesn’t suit them). The market would seek the right price over time.

The issue i think is that the charging spaces are at an angle, so tesla will not autopark. Worse is that space between two opposite rows of parking will just allow one car to go. So reversing car and driving out will be tricky and slow if most stalls are occupied.

• Helpful
Reactions: dmdrums
Just walked past ......CHARGER IS OPEN!! but nobody there.......YET!

On a sad note.....the attendant advised parking fees apply, so you are in for $2 for 15 Mins, $8 per hour, and $24 per day once you enter the lot.
SD Charger .jpg

There is currently no signage to direct you into the lot, so be aware the only entry is on "A" street between 5th st and 6th st., you take a ticket, and pay upon exit. :( They are opening 24/7 at some point in the future, so after hour charging will be available.

((On another note....the attendant on duty seemed uninformed on most of the questions I asked, so Im going to take a breath, wait a few days, and see what actually transpires on how this site works....will keep posting as things progress))

• Informative
Reactions: Doug Martoccia