Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged for about 12 mins. Went by so fast. Left at 90%.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 836
Nothing had changed from a week or two ago. I guess they just said the heck with the disabled stall problem.
Even the "Disable Access" sign remains :tongue: If they come up with a solution to the HC stall, they might have to close the lot to fix it :mad:

But who cares, it's open (unofficially I guess).

P1030155.jpg
P1030150.jpg

to avoid traffic during morning and evening rush hours: if you are coming from the North, you can exit on Carrol Canyon Road if you have HOV stickers or 2 people in the car... the exit comes off the left lanes off the 805, go east and turn onto Pacific Heights Road, go up the hill and over to the superchargers. You can avoid 80% of the traffic this way.
HOV lanes for folks coming from the south look to be a few months away from completion.

Routing to the SCS's presumed "address" of "10105 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego"
might route you to the wrong side of the Qualcom complex (judging by the location
of the "pin" displayed in Google Maps).

However, using the intersection of "Pacific Heights and Barnes Canyon" should get
one to the correct location to enter the southeast end of the SCS parking lot.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, it appears that turning left (north) onto Scranton Rd (which becomes
Barnes Canyon) from eastbound Carroll Canyon (or Mira Mesa Blvd) is a more
direct route to this new Supercharger Station, rather than using Pacific Heights.

- - - Updated - - -

Puff, where does one get the nifty "electric blue" color (in the picture above)?

Last edited:
Puff, where does one get the nifty "electric blue" color (in the picture above)?

Agreed. Pretty cool wrap. Handles wrapped too it appears.

I've been following this thread for awhile. After all this time, I canceled my summer vacation to San Diego. Although, maybe I'll just head down for the day and take the kids to Sea World, then a stop at Old Town for dinner. Perhaps this SC will come in handy for me after all.

Routing to the SCS's presumed "address" of "10105 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego"
might route you to the wrong side of the Qualcom complex (judging by the location
of the "pin" displayed in Google Maps).

However, using the intersection of "Pacific Heights and Barnes Canyon" should get
one to the correct location to enter the southeast end of the SCS parking lot.

A good technique for the last few hundred meters into a Supercharger is to put the Nav screen into "Satellite" mode and zoom in a lot. I have found the actual, geographic position of Superchargers displayed on the Nav Screen to be quite good. Combine that with aerial photography of the area, and that usually works far better than "turn-by-turn" instructions when you are very close.

Enjoy the new Supercharger!!!

What wrap material, where was the wrapping done, would you use them again,
and how much did it cost, please? Thanks.

When I zoom in on the picture, I can see the outline of the two handles.
Very nice job, it appears. Perhaps I could see it in person sometime.
Will you attend the San Diego Tesla Club's July potluck at Tony
Williams home?

I had hoped to visit the SD SCS when it "opened", but I am taking care
of my dear girl puppy who is recovering from a near-death experience.
It has been a tough week for us.

Awesome news to hear that it's finally open! I was at the service center on Saturday and they said any day now, so glad that was accurate.

As someone who has never supercharged before, can someone fill me in on some estimated times to fill up? I know it slows down as you get closer to 100%, but curious on rough times. From near empty to 80%-90%-100%, what are we looking at? (I hate looking at the rated miles, since I find them off by 20%, so I switched the view to % remaining. Is there a difference time-wise, let's say in going from 10%-50% vs 50%-90%? should it be the same it you're filling 40%? Is it just the last 10% or so that slows down?

Finally, as far as etiquette goes, I think we all know the rules and hope (though it will happen by some selfish folks for sure) that people won't park there for extended periods. However, as we all get this started, I would ask that if anyone sees cars camped out there, parked for hours, let alone all day, that they put a politely worded post-it note on their window or something reminding them of the community responsiblity.

Has anyone done this before? I've heard of plenty of issues with SJC and hear it's always clogged up, and that would be a primary reason, I'm sure.

Has anyone ever left a note on their own car when parked at full a SJC with a note stating roughly when they are expecting to leave, so if others pull up, we know how long we might have to wait? If I got to a full SJC but a few people put notes when they would be done and only 10-15 min remaining, I might hang around, vs driving off in frustration.

Just curious. Happen to just see this going live today and currently charged to 75%,so while I wish I could rush over to check it out, I'm prob a few days away.

No matter what, I'm psyched!

- - - Updated - - -

And also, treat me like the SC virgin that I am... When I charge at home using a NEMA 14-50, I know I get about 29 miles worth per hour, using 40A. When I charge at the service center or other Tesla charger, it's a lower voltage, but bc I have dual chargers, it's about 50 miles worth per hour, using 80A, but a lower voltage. Pardon my ignorance if I'm using poor terminology here, but how many aps/volts/wattage/hamsters does the SC charge at in comparison?

Your results may vary. Too many variables to list here but your home charging will seem SLOW compared to these bad boys. Enjoy!!

Awesome news to hear that it's finally open! I was at the service center on Saturday and they said any day now, so glad that was accurate.

As someone who has never supercharged before, can someone fill me in on some estimated times to fill up? I know it slows down as you get closer to 100%, but curious on rough times. From near empty to 80%-90%-100%, what are we looking at? (I hate looking at the rated miles, since I find them off by 20%, so I switched the view to % remaining. Is there a difference time-wise, let's say in going from 10%-50% vs 50%-90%? should it be the same it you're filling 40%? Is it just the last 10% or so that slows down?

Finally, as far as etiquette goes, I think we all know the rules and hope (though it will happen by some selfish folks for sure) that people won't park there for extended periods. However, as we all get this started, I would ask that if anyone sees cars camped out there, parked for hours, let alone all day, that they put a politely worded post-it note on their window or something reminding them of the community responsiblity.

Has anyone done this before? I've heard of plenty of issues with SJC and hear it's always clogged up, and that would be a primary reason, I'm sure.

Has anyone ever left a note on their own car when parked at full a SJC with a note stating roughly when they are expecting to leave, so if others pull up, we know how long we might have to wait? If I got to a full SJC but a few people put notes when they would be done and only 10-15 min remaining, I might hang around, vs driving off in frustration.

Just curious. Happen to just see this going live today and currently charged to 75%,so while I wish I could rush over to check it out, I'm prob a few days away.

No matter what, I'm psyched!

- - - Updated - - -

And also, treat me like the SC virgin that I am... When I charge at home using a NEMA 14-50, I know I get about 29 miles worth per hour, using 40A. When I charge at the service center or other Tesla charger, it's a lower voltage, but bc I have dual chargers, it's about 50 miles worth per hour, using 80A, but a lower voltage. Pardon my ignorance if I'm using poor terminology here, but how many aps/volts/wattage/hamsters does the SC charge at in comparison?

So never more than 45 min or so, even from a very low charge, so completely filled? That sounds pretty damn cool. What % if capacity do you tend to see the charge speed slow down as it approaches full?

See the "Supercharger Charging Profile" graphic from here:

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Some figures from that page:

• 170 miles of range in 30 minutes
  • 0-80% in 40 minutes
  • 0-100% in 75 minutes

Those are all best-case, of course.