Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is at least one other San Diego Supercharger in the works. No one knows exactly where yet though.

Compare these screenshots from http://www.teslamotors.com/.../today-northamerica.jpg and http://www.teslamotors.com/.../2015-northamerica.jpg

SW-Today.png
SW-2015.jpg

It's pretty easy to see that by the end of 2015, there are two Superchargers indicated in the San Diego area. Let's hope that they both happen!

As an aside, is that an Area 51 Supercharger to the northwest of Las Vegas? :eek:

interesting. It looks to be a bit to the northwest so that would lead me to believe it's along the 15 somewhere (which is perfect - cover the 5 and 15 and you've got everyone going north/south)

I'd guess probably in the carmel mountain rd area or possibly westfield north county.

The aliens need a supercharger in Beatty, Nevada so they can make it to Vegas in their Teslas.

You seem correct. Using Google Maps, and comparing that to the TM map, it looks due east and a little north compared to Lone Pine. That would be Beatty. Nothing else is there it seems. This would give access to the other side of Death Valley, and for travelers from Vegas to Carson and Reno. Is 95 a well traveled route? I am not familiar with it.

Thanks for the updates on this SD SC. Keep it up!

I didn't see any signs of supercharger progress today. Interestingly, they've put rocks or gravel in the area where the supercharger cabinets are to be. They've been using rocks all over campus for landscaping. It looks like the landscaping is not coordinated with the supercharger construction at all.

I can't imagine the red tape that would be involved in getting Qualcomm to sanction a webcam that is available on the public internet.

Many of the Netcams these days will do a periodic FTP push of the jpeg. With that all you need is FTP credentials at a donor site. PM me if anyone can get this set up and needs an FTP/HTTP host to use. If it is only displaying a publicly viewable location, logic says that should not be a concern.

Here is an example that I host in Pagosa: View of Pagosa Airport

Many of the Netcams these days will do a periodic FTP push of the jpeg. With that all you need is FTP credentials at a donor site. PM me if anyone can get this set up and needs an FTP/HTTP host to use. If it is only displaying a publicly viewable location, logic says that should not be a concern.

Here is an example that I host in Pagosa: View of Pagosa Airport

Would be nice to have not only to see the progress of the SC construction but see how busy it is before driving there.