Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Santana Row (26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the wiring from last weekend looks to have been installed. Junction box and transformer area no longer have wires bunched up outside. The electrical cabinets inside the basement level haven't moved.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Concrete prep-work is underway.
20190119_093159.jpg

The PG&E transformers and site inspection seem to moving closer.

Happened to have to come here and went to check it out. Only 4th floor is online when I looked. HPWC max out at 32AMP was too cheap to pay for for supercharging. One hidden behind the elevator.

Attachments

• 40251FE4-F619-4DBA-9073-64C4FA3C4185.jpeg
    40251FE4-F619-4DBA-9073-64C4FA3C4185.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 417B3975-DFBA-4191-A4DE-F0BEE4377065.jpeg
    417B3975-DFBA-4191-A4DE-F0BEE4377065.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: Ulmo and McManX
Currently the app shows 28 stalls, but I'm not sure if that includes the 1st floor or not. I don't think there are 28 urban total on the 4th floor, but I didn't circle the whole floor so maybe there are more on the other side. There were about 16 HPWC on the 4th floor and maybe 10 or so on the 1st floor outside the structure. Probably another 12 urban chargers as well on the 1st floor. When I left maybe 5 spots were ICE'd as the garage was getting full. Will be interesting to see how lines will form when the chargers get full, imagine it will be chaos as other folks are trying to find spots.

Reactions: HandleX
According to one of the valet guys the separate lot with 8 Superchargers and HPWCs is for valet only. That lot is currently off, but maybe opening this Thursday (he thinks). The 2 Superchargers on the 1st floor are coned off with valet signs and I'm not sure if they're working. @Chuq

So for the Superchargers
  • 4th floor: 26 online
  • 1st floor: 2 unknown
  • Valet lot: 8 offline
  • Total: 36

Tesla may end up listing the "open access" and "valet access" superchargers as separate locations, similar to what they do for separated dual sites that serve directional highway traffic (e.g. one for northbound and one for southbound traffic).

Tesla may end up listing the "open access" and "valet access" superchargers as separate locations, similar to what they do for separated dual sites that serve directional highway traffic (e.g. one for northbound and one for southbound traffic).

In all dual sites, the stalls are numbered independently. This is true even for the Lenox Square superchargers in Atlanta.

In all dual sites, the stalls are numbered independently. This is true even for the Lenox Square superchargers in Atlanta.
The valet supercharger at Lenox Square is all the way on the other side of the mall from the public supercharger so they obviously have separate transformers and electrical. I have not seen the set up at Santana Row so not sure if it's the same there. I think the main purpose for numbering the stalls of an urban supercharger is not for the users (us), but rather for the guys doing maintenance and repairs.