Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are not normally placing at destinations. Have you looked at the possibilities on the Savannah charger at the intersection you stated? It looks to me like it would require location couple of exits North or South so a few miles of of the interstate East with a good potential for joint venture for food entertainment lodging is a viable option. I have asked for local opinions on the locations before to no avail.

Just replying to an earlier quote on the destination part of my answer. I am aware what is supposed to happen with Superchargers locationsin theory but what happens in the real world doesn't always make sense (two SC stations really close together on 95 in CT doesn't make sense to me). Since I live in Middle TN, I will leave the Savanna scouting to someone much closer than myself. If memory serves me, there is mostly commercial areas around the 95/16 interchange so numerous possibilities exist right there. Personally I don't think a few miles north or south is wise since serving travelers heading in four directions is much more desirable than just servicing the two way traveler. I assume the Super Charger location will be on 95 and not 16 but it is hard to tell from the Tesla map. Does anyone know if a permit has been pulled in the area?

Thanks purplewalt! Added to Recargo:

EV Charging Location - Point South KOA - Yemassee, SC
EV Charging Location - Charleston KOA - Ladson, SC

Personally, I only add RV campground sites after an EV owner has been there and confirmed ability to charge. Some places are actively hostile.

Okay since you (kinda) asked, additional Resources:

First: There currently is NO 50 Amp outlet @ Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport, LA.
The Recargo information is inaccurate, and the Reservation people do not know what you are asking for.
There do have several 110V outlets outside for possible charging, maybe a Leaf or ???

The Good Spots I used to Charge and sometimes stay:

Cinnamon Creek RV Park, Minden, LA 71055
(318) 371-5111
Charged there, spent the night in my car there also.

Springridge RV Park/Mobile Home Estates, Clinton, MS 39056
(800) 513-0728
Charged there for about 7 hours during the day

Meridian East/Toomsuba KOA, Toomsuba, MS 39364
(800) 562-4202
Charged there for about 3 1/2 hours @ night

Oxford/Talladega/Dandy RV KOA, Anniston, AL 36207
(800) 562-7605

Beaver Run RV Park, Metter, GA 30439
Good Sam's Park
(912)685-2594
Charged there, spent the night in a room with a real mattress and sheets.

Asheville West, Chandler, NC 28715
(800) 562-9015
Charged there, spent the night in a Kabin.

Crossville I-40 KOA, Crossville, TN 38555
(800) 562-0836
Charged there for about 6 or 7 hours

Loretta Lynn's Ranch, Hurricane Mills, TN 37078
(913) 296-7700
Charged there, spent the night in a two-story cabin, real mattress and sheets.

Village Creek State Park, Forrest City, AR
(870) 238-9406
Charged there for about 5 hours

LittleRock North/Jct. I-40 KOA, North Little Rock, AR 72118
(800) 562-4598
Charged there, spent the night in a Kabin.

Mt. Pleasant KOA, Mt. Pleasant, TX 75455
(800) 562-5409
Charged there for over 4 hours ( due to slow charge rate)

NOT all RV Parks are friendly:
Via several emails with Cherokee RV Camp @ Helena, AL (outside Birmingham), they would not allow me to spend the night in my car. Maybe they would let someone charge, but I do not know. They also "do not allow conversion vans. They do allow the trucks with camper units in the back and pop-ups during certain times of the year".

I called Buffalo/I-40 KOA, Hurricane Mills, TN, they would not allow me to stop and charge there.

ENJOY!!!

First: There currently is NO 50 Amp outlet @ Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport, LA.
The Recargo information is inaccurate, and the Reservation people do not know what you are asking for.
There do have several 110V outlets outside for possible charging, maybe a Leaf or ???

I assume you're talking about this location in Bossier City, across the river from Shreveport: EV Charging Location - Hilton Garden Inn - Bossier City, LA The entry sure does seem pretty much confirmed. But with the outlet "out back", I'm not surprised that the reservations people don't know about it. I usually get in touch with hotel management if I really want to plan on an overnight charge.

Oxford/Talladega/Dandy RV KOA, Anniston, AL 36207
(800) 562-7605

I went ahead and added this one, since it'll be of particular interest to Model S owners running the Atlanta-Birmingham route.

Beaver Run RV Park, Metter, GA 30439
Good Sam's Park
(912)685-2594
Charged there, spent the night in a room with a real mattress and sheets.

We're actually quite familiar with that one! EV Charging Location - Beaver Run RV Park - Metter, GA

I'll have to leave the rest for another day. If anyone else wants to help out here, check Recargo AND PlugShare for the locations reported by purplewalt above. If *either* site has them listed, then no further action is needed (they are in the process of merging databases). If neither does, add it to Recargo (they have the nicer interface, in my opinion).

Apologies to those seeing activity in this thread and thinking that the Savannah SC site has been spotted :)

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about this location in Bossier City, across the river from Shreveport: EV Charging Location - Hilton Garden Inn - Bossier City, LA The entry sure does seem pretty much confirmed. But with the outlet "out back", I'm not surprised that the reservations people don't know about it. I usually get in touch with hotel management if I really want to plan on an overnight charge.

Well, I stand corrected.

The Location I made Reservations with, confirmed that they had a 240 V outlet on the phone, Visited and tried to check in, was:
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, 5971 Financial Plaza, Shreveport, LA 71129. And they only had 110V outlets (I looked).
Not Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, 2015 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, AL 71111.
Maybe the two hotels should talk to each other a bit more, but probably are operated by individual groups.

Hotels by Hilton - Hotel Reservations, Deals, and Room Rates

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...nn-shreveport-bossier-city-SHVOMGI/index.html

LOL: who knew there was ANOTHER Hilton Garden Inn location ALSO on I-20 just down the road (other side of the river)...
Solves THAT mystery.

http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2013-11-30/tesla-build-charging-station-airport

The Savannah Airport Authority recently approved a request by Tesla Motors Inc., maker of high-end electric cars, to lease six parking spaces in the economy parking deck of the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to install and operate an electric vehicle “supercharging” station specifically for its Model S sedan.

EDIT: warning, it auto-plays a video ad, with audio, after a couple minutes

Added to Recargo, will flesh out as details are determined:

EV Charging Location - Tesla Superchargers - Savannah, GA

Also note that there are four Level 2 J1772 charging stations located on the lower level of the Long Term Parking garage.

EV Charging Location - Savannah / Hilton Head International Airport Long Term Parking - Savannah, GA

I'm just glad they didn't follow through with the Westin resort that was rumored here a couple months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a strange location. Anyone know if there's any place to eat / restrooms available without going into the airport?

According to their airport guide, there are several places to get some food on the unsecured side of the airport, including a seafood restaurant.

http://savannahairport.com/2013TermJUNEsmall.pdf

Last edited:
I've used those J1772 chargers at SAV and you have to pay $12 for overnight charging. You have to call for an attendant to come out and switch on the charger who then takes your plate number and cellphone number so it's quite secure. Paying a buck or two for the SC use will be cheap in comparison but it is a bit of a strange place to put them. You'd have thought they could have found a mall somewhere like many other SC sites?

Does anyone live close to the Savannah, GA location? Supposedly the address is 400 Airways Avenue Savannah, GA 31408 and will placed within the economy parking deck at the at the airport based on this article - http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2013-11-30/tesla-build-charging-station-airport

I just wanted to create a thread for this confirmed location and see if we could get some status updates/pictures from anyone in the area. Thanks.

Recargo link - http://www.recargo.com/sites/11383
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

Another member got news this morning from a Savannah reporter that the supercharger should be finished by the end of the year.

"Good news! Airport tells me the work on the Tesla charging station has already begun and will be done by end of the year."

Last edited: