Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South Toms River, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Supercharger started construction recently in South Toms River, New Jersey at Wawa located at 379 Dover Rd, Toms River, NJ 08757. This appears to be an eight bay supercharger with the traditional 7 back in stalls 1b-4b with 1a as a headin stall. Construction also looks stalled however they could just be waiting for progress inspections. I tried SDL Portal but South Toms River does not participate, nor are any records easily accessible via a google search. I will post pictures tomorrow and try to find out extent of installation.

C117BF6A-FAB8-4535-BE9E-4BBA906C4824.jpeg

8A2CC57B-BB6E-4EAC-A5B9-6775295D6F59.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome news. I’ll try and swing by sometime this week and check it out.

Kind of an odd location tho. Just past the RT 37 exit for all the shore traffic going out to seaside. Also hard to get to when heading North of the GSP and you’d have to head down double trouble road to get back on going southbound.

I'm happy but confused. There are SuperChargers along the GS Parkway at Woodbridge, Neptune, Atlantic City, now Barnegat, another being built on Rte 34 in Wall, and now South Toms River? From no man's land to Abundance of Riches

I’m starting to think Wawa has cut a deal with them. Plus the more saturated we are with superchargers the more the brand will be recognized as legitimate, you know for all the non believers.

Where on RTE 34? near the 33/34 circle?
Also, RE: Toms River SC, website indicates different locationView attachment 417789
  1. So far as is known, the Wall Township location is still just in permitting, not active construction. You can find the exact location on the map at the Supercharge.info site I link below or in the opening post of the relevant thread here on TMC: Supercharger - Farmingdale/Wall Township, NJ
  2. Tesla's website map is not an accurate source for exact locations of future superchargers. The grey pins are placed wherever Google Maps places a pin for the general jurisdiction the supercharger will likely go in. So, in this case, Tom's River. If you ask google for directions from somewhere to "Tom's River, NJ", you'll see that the ending location pin is in the exact same spot. This has no bearing on where the actual future location will be except that it tells you the supercharger will likely be in Tom's River or the general surrounding area. Tesla isn't even always too particular about putting the pins on the actual jurisdiction, as evidenced by the fact that this location isn't even technically in Tom's River or Tom's River Township but rather the borough of South Tom's River. However, once the location goes live, Tesla will update their map with a red pin on the exact address/location. And it will be the one from the opening post of this thread.

If you want to follow supercharger development progress (i.e. known permits and construction starts) with actual locations identified, you should use the map at supercharge.info. Or follow along in the appropriate thread here on TMC. You can pretty much ignore Tesla's map of future locations except to get a general idea of where they plan to build.

Last edited:
  1. So far as is known, the Wall Township location is still just in permitting, not active construction. You can find the exact location on the map at the Supercharge.info site I link below or in the opening post of the relevant thread here on TMC: Supercharger - Farmingdale/Wall Township, NJ
  2. Tesla's website map is not an accurate source for exact locations of future superchargers. The grey pins are placed wherever Google Maps places a pin for the general jurisdiction the supercharger will likely go in. So, in this case, Tom's River. If you ask google for directions from somewhere to "Tom's River, NJ", you'll see that the ending location pin is in the exact same spot. This has no bearing on where the actual future location will be except that it tells you the supercharger will likely be in Tom's River or the general surrounding area. Tesla isn't even always too particular about putting the pins on the actual jurisdiction, as evidenced by the fact that this location isn't even technically in Tom's River or Tom's River Township but rather the borough of South Tom's River. However, once the location goes live, Tesla will update their map with a red pin on the exact address/location. And it will be the one from the opening post of this thread.
If you want to follow supercharger development progress (i.e. known permits and construction starts) with actual locations, you should use the map at supercharge.info. Or follow along in the appropriate thread here on TMC. You can pretty much ignore Tesla's map of future locations except to get a general idea of where they plan to build.

wow. so helpful - TY

Reactions: Thinkje
Screenshot 2019-07-23 09.52.04.png
Adding to PureNRG's map above, the red pin is SuC location. Doesn't look like perfect on/off Garden State Parkway location. I haven't driven that entire cloverleaf yet but based on Google Street View Map, looks like accessible easily driving south on GSP, but getting back on southbound after might require GPS. Heading north on the GSP there is no nearby exit for this SuC but afterward, its a quick left out of WaWa and back onto Parkway north.

Last edited:
South Toms River SuperCharger blown up showing easy access heading south on GSP and getting back on North, but no exit heading north and no easy way to get back heading south WaWa blue pin is SuC locationView attachment 433164
It looks like coming from the South you have to take Exit 77 and follow Double Trouble Rd for about 2.6 miles. There's an easy on from Dover Road to continue North. Coming from the North you can take exit 80, but then to continue South you again have to take Double Trouble Rd back to the GSP.

Since there has not been any activity on this thread, I'll post an update or lack there of. As of last week and I'm sure as of today, nothing has changed. I wonder if the chargers are on back order or waiting for the updated chargers....? If this is anything like the Rockaway Township chargers, even if everything is done, it still took an additional 2 months to get inspected and turned on.

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot