Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southampton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's on the map.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    800 KB · Views: 115
ooh.. beautiful green!!

thank you for that!

were you plugged into 1A? What kind of charging speeds were you getting? what time did you plug in? was there anyone else charging there?

sorry for the nerdy questions... but this is important!!

Hiya Galve:

I was plugged into one of the middle stalls, like 2B at around 1:30PM. Charging speed was standard for a supercharger -- after half an hour, I picked up 105 miles.

No one else was charging. According to LeAnn the waitress at Café Crust, some other snook beat me to the punch and charged before me. We need to find and run down that mutt. :)

The pizza is oddly watery. :|

Yup, green is where it's at!

I charged there on Friday, just me and a white p85d ludicrous. Charging Sunday morning and just me here at 9am. Surprising since I've seen a least 17 other Teslas out in the Hamptons this weekend. Ate at Crust on Friday which was Decent. They do have a sign on the door that bathrooms are for patrons only.

I had a really great SCing experience at the Southamptn SC on Saturday afternoon. one of the best in recent memory.

I arrived with 4 rated miles and left with 173 rated miles 36 minutes later. (according to TeslaFi I started with 4% state of charge and added 168.7 rated mils, ending with 68% charge. I was plugged either in stall 3B or 4A and was the only car charging at the entire SCer for the 1st 25 or so minutes.

most impressive was that the SCer ramped up to 110 kWh very very very quickly and over the 1st several seconds inched its way all the way to 118 kWh!! I had heard that you can only hit 120 kWh when you turn on the heater at a SCer, and thought about testing this, but it has been a LONG LONG time since I remember ever hitting 118 kWh that I said.. let me just enjoy this and let sleeping dogs do their thing.

The car stayed above 110 kWh for much much longer than I had anticipated. and I was very, very pleased.

I added 66 rated miles over the 1st 10 minutes, 50 miles in the subsequent 10 minutes, 40 miles in the 10 minutes after that, and the balance in the last 6-7 minutes I was plugged in.

I was having a little too much fun on the LIE heading east so I had to stop by the destination charger at Best Market in Westhampton Beach for an hour where I gained roughly 20 rated miles (and had a great lunch at Margarita Grill) b4 driving out to the Southampton, SC.

I don't know if this is why the SCer ramped up to 115 kW so quickly even tho I arrived with a pretty low SOC, but i'm glad it did.

All in all, it was one of the best SCer experiences I've had in recent memory.

Thank you Tesla!!

FYI - Cafe Crust offers no Tesla discount, in fact the owner laughed at me, so I walked out. The liquor store 'Bottle Hampton' offers a Tesla discount though, so I stocked up on some booze for the summer. Cafe crust also has a sign that bathrooms are for patrons only. They seem a bit like Tesla haters in there.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
I have eaten at Cafe Crust a few times while SCing. the food is very average, but the servers a re pleasant. I may avoid eating there in the future given the above 2 posts.
Crust didn't last long, as it has closed for business. I am a frequent user of this Supercharger, and like most Superchargers they don't have any trash cans, and people are....people, and just leave trash everywhere.
I had a light bulb go off as I was sitting there charging at 33KW, I have been starting to Market my new business focused around EV's, and I thought a good way to advertise and keep the place clean would be to install a nice metal trash can with my logo ReelDealEV.com on it and paid for service. I attempted to locate an owner via online records, but I could not find anything. Does anyone know who owns this?