Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Springfield, NJ - Cleveland Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a partial capture from the planning board meeting agenda referenced above. It includes the correct address of the site.
979EE0BB-9910-4E9B-9ED2-900050A577A3.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Springfield and Summit area are really not great for big SC station. The traffic at Springfield especially Rt 22/23 is very dangerous. The Summit area is very dark at nights and during rush hour lots of choke points and dangerous turns. There are some areas with deers. I much rather they put a big SC station say near Westfield, Wachung, or near some major shopping area or near a point of interest.

• Funny
Reactions: lensovet
Springfield and Summit area are really not great for big SC station. The traffic at Springfield especially Rt 22/23 is very dangerous. The Summit area is very dark at nights and during rush hour lots of choke points and dangerous turns. There are some areas with deers. I much rather they put a big SC station say near Westfield, Wachung, or near some major shopping area or near a point of interest.

This location is no where near Rt 22 & Rt. 23 is no where near Summit and Springfield. Do you mean Rt. 24? The location is strategically located near the intersection of Rt. 78 and Rt. 24, seconds off exit 9A(Rt.24). There shouldn't be many using the station that would wind up going near the Watchung Reservation that they wouldn't be otherwise on Rt. 78 during their travels, so deer wouldn't be an issue. I would also anticipate that it will be relatively well lit being at a Wawa on Morris Ave and also a much safer location then others currently in operation. There wouldn't be many owners driving around Summit as they'd most likely they'd be back onto the highways minutes after they're done charging. Unless of course they're local owners. I'd anticipate a lot of owners traveling outbound from the Holland Tunnel using this station as they'd drive up towards Rt. 80 and westward. It's a nice addition on route without driving much out of the way to the new Boonton Supercharger.

It’s probably the single best location if you’re going to put it there. It’s less than a mile off 24 in either direction. And getting into 24 from 78 in either direction is easy (traffic aside) The largest pain would probably getting on 24 from 78 east bound, having to cut across traffic to exit if you don’t want to take the next exit about half a mile further.

As a PA to NY route, it wastes barely any energy to get to this SC where as some will burn 20 miles just to get to and from.

Reactions: GreenMachina