Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we sure that a 6th stall isn't going in now that the transformer has gone in? Maybe it was just a wait-to-lay-the-conduit situation, like that pavement being finished post-transformer...
(although the lane placement and spacing would argue against one more stall being allowed in!)

There are detailed drawings here:

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO - Page 2

Showing only 5 stalls...

- - - Updated - - -

great photos and update. So exciting. Now, about that Columbia area...

Seconded - glad to see we're so close!! Great pictures!! And yeah - Columbia... (groan...) - Or Kingdom City - or Boonesville... or somewhere!! :)

Looks about done...
IMG_20150401_162453.jpg

We just got back from a road trip for spring break from Virginia to Cape Cod, all uneventful. That said, yesterday we learned of a death in the family and will load the family back in the car tomorrow morning to drive to Kansas City, KS for a viewing Friday. If this SC happens to open up today/tomorrow, it would be wonderously good timing. I'm looking at some other opportunities on PlugShare of generous people who are offering HPWCs along our route just west of St. Louis, but this would be ideal and not hassle anyone!

Moving from Chicago to Arkansas and driving Tessie to my new home. I can get to St. Louis using Supercharges easily. Once I get to St. Louis the remainder of the trip looks dicey for recharging. From St. Louis I will be taking I44 to Springfield, MO. Then from Springfield I will be taking Route 65 South through Branson and then into Fayetteville. Anyone know of HPWC's along I44 and route 65? I looked on EV Planner and PlugShare but there is not much to choose from unless I want to charge at less than a 40V....Thank you!!

Moving from Chicago to Arkansas and driving Tessie to my new home. I can get to St. Louis using Supercharges easily. Once I get to St. Louis the remainder of the trip looks dicey for recharging. From St. Louis I will be taking I44 to Springfield, MO. Then from Springfield I will be taking Route 65 South through Branson and then into Fayetteville. Anyone know of HPWC's along I44 and route 65? I looked on EV Planner and PlugShare but there is not much to choose from unless I want to charge at less than a 40V....Thank you!!

I live just south of Springfield right off of 65. I have a 240v 40amp you can use. It's long enough to reach outside if I'm not there, you would just need to let me know. I can make it to St. Louis barely on a charge. There is a route 44 RV park at Marshfield, Mo right off the highway 30 miles from where I live. I usually leave $5 and top off there to have a little cushion. I called them and that's what they said to do. I walk to a McDonald's get something to drink and then walk back and I'm good to go. But for a full charge at 40 amps you would have a few hours.

If the supercharger isn't up you could charge at the service center in St. Louis and then make to Springfield and then on to arkansas.

Mercy hospital also has RV plugs in Springfield. Let me know if you need me to set out my plug for you. It wouldn't be a problem.

I, too, am a bit South of SGF and have an 80amp HPWC. I've driven the route to/from STL many times. While tight, in decent weather it is quite doable driving conservatively (at or slightly below the speed limit and picking up a safe occasional draft from a semi when convenient).

If you get anxious there's a free J1772 in Rolla where you can top up and there is the afore mentioned NEMA 14-50 @ Mercy.

PM me, I'm glad to offer up my HPWC..

The trip to F'ville is a piece of cake from Nixa/SGF.

When I head down to Branson, I stop at the Meramec Caverns campground to charge. Day use fee is $5, includes a 50A NEMA 14-50, and you get the use of the BBQ grills, playground, river beach, etc. Good place to sit and charge enough to make it to Branson.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping that St. Charles would be active by this weekend, but I guess not. I don't suppose anyone has a HPWC available this weekend around Collinsville/Edwardsville, IL area (NE of St. Louis)?

I live off I-64, about 40 miles east of St. Louis, slightly out-of-the-way to the south for you but I can make my HPWC available to you. PM me and I'll give you details. You'd get off I-55 at exit 34 and take IL-4 south, then backtrack east a slight bit.

I just did the trip between Effingham and Kansas City due to an unexpected funeral (we live in Virginia). Liz and Dave were lifesavers and we appreciate their assistance so much. I do wish the timing had been a little different, but it was fun to meet fellow Tesla folk who are willing to help out. As we Liz discussed the other night, she'll almost miss these types of encounters once the supercharge network is fully built out, but we'll be able to look back as early adopters and remember how we improvise to get the job done.

2015-04-14-131904_fbedit.jpg
2015-04-14-132502_fbedit.jpg

Just stopped by a little bit ago - talked with a Tesla SuC employee there... Currently provisioning the system and updating firmware. All of the pedestals were lit up even though the backs were off. He said that the site should be online and ready to go tonight if I wanted to try them out. May just go take another trip out...

View attachment 77972View attachment 77973

Just stopped by a little bit ago - talked with a Tesla SuC employee there... Currently provisioning the system and updating firmware. All of the pedestals were lit up even though the backs were off. He said that the site should be online and ready to go tonight if I wanted to try them out. May just go take another trip out...

By any chance, did he say where he was headed next?