Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Staten Island, NY - Richmond Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this operational yet?
20230610_164953.jpg

I took this picture on 6/10/23. Looks like they opened up the ground again and still no meter

Went by there a few minutes ago (Sunday, June 25)…
Still not active, but that hole they opened up has what looks like conduit lines now. As you can see in the photos (I think…lol) there are six large lines coming from the parking lot and five that are right under the electric boxes that serve the station.

Also, there are all sorts of markings in the parking lot that go from another large electric box behind Stop and Shop all the way to where those six tubes emerge by the supercharger station.

It looks like the electric is about to be hooked up. I’ll go by again later this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 50
Went by there a few minutes ago (Sunday, June 25)…
Still not active, but that hole they opened up has what looks like conduit lines now. As you can see in the photos (I think…lol) there are six large lines coming from the parking lot and five that are right under the electric boxes that serve the station.

Also, there are all sorts of markings in the parking lot that go from another large electric box behind Stop and Shop all the way to where those six tubes emerge by the supercharger station.

It looks like the electric is about to be hooked up. I’ll go by again later this week.
Thanks for the update. So it looks like this is still a few months away from opening.

Thanks for the update. So it looks like this is still a few months away from opening.
Not a problem. I live less than ten minutes away and pass by at least a couple times a week. I don't think this is months away, maybe a couple weeks at best, probably end of July.

Those large conduits are almost certainly to hook up the electric supply. Then it just needs electric meters and night lights.

Reactions: qman66
So we have a little bit more progress as of today. The conduits that were waiting underground are hooked up to the supercharger transformers as the photo shows. At the other end however, those same lines remain waiting to be connected to the power supply on the side of the Stop and Shop.

Oh...my sign is still there, but no one has written in a date or anything else as of yet...lol.

IMG_1731.jpeg

So we have a little bit more progress as of today. The conduits that were waiting underground are hooked up to the supercharger transformers as the photo shows. At the other end however, those same lines remain waiting to be connected to the power supply on the side of the Stop and Shop.

Oh...my sign is still there, but no one has written in a date or anything else as of yet...lol.

View attachment 955684
Were you the guy who came from stop and shop with the white model x plugged into one of the supercharges? 🧐😉

Yup Tesla updated the website from Q2 2023 to just 2023 so this won't be ready for a few months
It really is a bit ridiculous that almost all the physical structure goes up in a matter of a couple weeks to a month, and then takes six more month to do the last few steps.

From what I can see the following needs to get done:
1) Hook the electric cabling from the supercharger to the power supply behind Stop and Shop (see Qman66's post above_
2) Install the night lighting
3) Fill in the hole where the electric conduits come into the supercharger transformer.
4) Install the electric meters
5) Turn the damn thing on.

If whoever is in charge was serious, all of that could be done in under a week.

Drove by the site yesterday and no changes at the actual charging station. However, the open conduits on the side/back of Stop and Shop have an a new addition.
I was under the impression those cables were getting attached to the existed transformer in the photo. But now, I see a new transformer is going to be installed. That concrete base surrounded by the traffic cones is almost certainly a foundation for that new transformer.
Still no idea when this might get finished, but by the end of the year -another four months!- seems likely.

IMG_2281.jpeg

Reactions: qman66
Off topic from our eternal wait for the Richmond Ave Supercharger station....

I got a screw in my right rear tire I guess today. The car is drivable for now, but the tire needs a plug. Anyone recommend a place on Staten Island that knows the proper way to jack up the car so the wheel/tire can be removed and repaired? Fixing the tire is simple, but I definitely have concerns about where someone places that jack. (I know there are very specific spots.)

Anyway, any help is appreciated.