Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Staten Island, NY - Richmond Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on this? Would love to use this charger in a month.
Well, daddy Elon recently fired the people in charge of the supercharger developing team so... He said that they were going to finish ongoing projects, but halt new ones. Hope they finish this one. It’s so close to my home and I have free SC for life.
I tagged the accounts of Teslacharging and EVgo on twitter and I was quoted/retweeted by someone with a large following so hopefully Elon sees it

Attachments

• IMG_0177.png
    IMG_0177.png
    996.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: cascivic
Well, I went by there today and I think the situation is worse.

The top image shows how it has been in the back of Stop and Shop for months- the conduits sticking out waiting to get hooked to a transformer whose foundation slab has been sitting for months as well.

The bottom image is from today. The slab is still there, but the conduit lines have been buried. Was that done in prep for more work, or because this is never actually going to happen and they just got those lines out of the way.

All I know is this is absolutely infuriating. Like DL00PY, I took to X/Twitter and have tagged Elon and others. I plan on repeating that multipart Tweet and tagging a lot more Tesla executives as I find them online.

Here's the link to my Tweet... .

(PS- If you are a Trump fan, don't look at the rest of my posts or retweets... you won't like them...lol.)

Image 2.jpg
IMG_1007.jpeg

Reactions: BMWLover and DL00PY
Kind of an aside, but I was in Brooklyn earlier today and I decided to stop by a SC off exit 6 on the Belt and holy shot… how do people live like this? Literally all stalls full with like 4 teslas waiting on line. They even had parking lot attendants directing them. I never had to wait for an open stall at the Veteran’s rd SC or even at the Jersey Garden’s mall SC during Christmas with 2 stalls iced out.
All the more reason to give me my personal SC station 5 minutes from home 😄

Kind of an aside, but I was in Brooklyn earlier today and I decided to stop by a SC off exit 6 on the Belt and holy shot… how do people live like this? Literally all stalls full with like 4 teslas waiting on line. They even had parking lot attendants directing them. I never had to wait for an open stall at the Veteran’s rd SC or even at the Jersey Garden’s mall SC during Christmas with 2 stalls iced out.
It's 100% because of uber drivers. The NYC taxi and limousine commission mandated that all new vehicles be electric or wheelchair accessible. Most uber drivers are immigrants who live in apartments and have no home charging option.

Well, I went by there today and I think the situation is worse.

The top image shows how it has been in the back of Stop and Shop for months- the conduits sticking out waiting to get hooked to a transformer whose foundation slab has been sitting for months as well.

The bottom image is from today. The slab is still there, but the conduit lines have been buried. Was that done in prep for more work, or because this is never actually going to happen and they just got those lines out of the way.

All I know is this is absolutely infuriating. Like DL00PY, I took to X/Twitter and have tagged Elon and others. I plan on repeating that multipart Tweet and tagging a lot more Tesla executives as I find them online.

Here's the link to my Tweet... .

(PS- If you are a Trump fan, don't look at the rest of my posts or retweets... you won't like them...lol.)

View attachment 1045114View attachment 1045115
Well the electrical is supposed to be buried so I guess it's progress. The electrical will be connected to the transformer from underneath

Reactions: DL00PY
The SC station is like almost 24/7... and as another post says, it's almost entirely Uber/Lyft drivers

Reactions: DL00PY
Well the electrical is supposed to be buried so I guess it's progress. The electrical will be connected to the transformer from underneath
True, but I would've thought we'd see the foundation slab moved on top that hole the conduits are in. My concern is that they were buried until whenever someone gets around to actually finishing the thing...in who knows how many months more.