Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it would be GREAT to get a second SuperCharger in Richmond...and showroom...and service center....one can dream!

Richmond Showroom Approved by local county Government

News article Richmond-Times Dispatch

Potential site of Tesla dealership in Henrico approved by supervisors

If Tesla Motors Inc. prevails in being allowed to open a company-owned dealership in the Richmond region, its location has been approved. The Henrico County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved Tuesday to amend the conditions of a 2015 rezoning case to allow for the sales and service of the company's all-electric vehicles. The proposed Tesla dealership at a former Bassett furniture store along Stillman Parkway north of West Broad Street — would feature a showroom, outdoor charging stations and an indoor maintenance facility. The charging stations would be available 24 hours a day, according to county documents.

county documents. Although the location has been approved, progress on the dealership hinges on a decision from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. The Virginia Automobile Dealers Association has opposed the California-based company's request to seek an exception to state law that bars vehicle manufacturers in most circumstances from owning dealerships. The dealers association argues that Tesla should have to sell vehicles through independent dealers like other manufacturers. An administrative hearing on the request concluded July 1. A decision could take up to five months. Tesla, founded by tech magnate Elon Musk, sells its vehicles directly to customers at fixed prices. The company argues independent dealers could not sell its cars profitably under its one-price business plan. Its sole Virginia dealership, near Tysons Corner, opened in February 2015 after a legal settlement with the DMV and the dealers association. According to the dealers association, the opening of a second Tesla dealership would violate the terms of the settlement. In the September 2013 settlement, Tesla was allowed to open one company-owned store until August 2017, when it had to be turned over to an independent dealer. If Tesla does not prevail in its current case with the DMV and the dealers association, there are several other allowed uses for the property under its zoning, said R. Joseph Emerson Jr., Henrico County's director of planning. Tesla representatives were not available for comment Wednesday.

Reactions: jthompson
From this weekend

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: vdiv
I have an unusual request of a Strasburg supercharger user.

There is a 7-11 at the Shell station very close to the superchargers.
Would somebody be kind enough to go there and look at their ATM machine.
Please confirm (or deny) that there is a large blue CHASE bank globe on top of the ATM.

I was there August 11th and decided to get some cash since I have a Chase debit card.
I declined the transaction when it wanted to charge me a $2.50 fee.
However, Chase has charged me a $2.50 inquiry fee for using a non Chase ATM.

Chase says they do not have an ATM in Strasburg and I owe the money.

I do not care about $2.50 but wonder what is going on.

Maybe I was totally confused and there was not a Chase globe on top of the ATM?
Is the owner of that ATM pulling a fast one on unsuspecting Chase customers?
Any other thoughts?
Thanks.

Please confirm (or deny) that there is a large blue CHASE bank globe on top of the ATM.

I was there August 11th and decided to get some cash since I have a Chase debit card.

Any other thoughts?
Thanks.

Might be faster to try to look them up and call them.

I do note that locator.chase.com states there are no Chase ATMs within 50 miles of Strasburg.

Not to say that you're wrong. Could be a Ghost ATM, like in an episode of XFiles. (A very boring one, though.)

Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
Should have taken the cash, but seriously they gave you option to refuse the transaction after notifying you of the fee yet did not give same option on inquiry

Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
Looks like you were right, if that's any consolation at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 187
WARNING: SC DEGRADED AS OF 13 JUNE 2018

Stopped at Strasburg SC on my way home today and found multiple levels of degradation.

a. SC cabinet 3 completely inop (e.g. Pedestals 3A and 3B do not work)
b. charge levels on 1B were slow

Called Tesla SC team and learned that they know of SC cabinet 3 being down, and they additionally told me that cabinet 1 is degraded also (powering pedestals 1A and 1B). Tesla SC team further told me that 2A is also degraded, and only 2B is at full operational capability.

After futzing around moving my X from stall to stall, I had found that 2B was working before I called Tesla.

Tesla couldn't tell me when a technician would get out there to conduct repairs.

Fair warning to those traveling that path!!

WARNING: SC DEGRADED AS OF 13 JUNE 2018

Stopped at Strasburg SC on my way home today and found multiple levels of degradation.

a. SC cabinet 3 completely inop (e.g. Pedestals 3A and 3B do not work)
b. charge levels on 1B were slow

Called Tesla SC team and learned that they know of SC cabinet 3 being down, and they additionally told me that cabinet 1 is degraded also (powering pedestals 1A and 1B). Tesla SC team further told me that 2A is also degraded, and only 2B is at full operational capability.

After futzing around moving my X from stall to stall, I had found that 2B was working before I called Tesla.

Tesla couldn't tell me when a technician would get out there to conduct repairs.

Fair warning to those traveling that path!!

A ChaDeMo vendor must have the maintenance contract for that site...:rolleyes: