Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look for debris in your charge port.

Thanks for all the suggestions and interest in my problem. I should mention that on our most recent road trip we crossed the 93K mark, so we (and our 60) are not newbies. But no, there wasn't any debris in the charge port. However, months ago we did have an issue with the charge port popping open, and found a half crushed bug on the magnet!

Does anyone know of a thread for high mileage owners? I would like to share our experiences with others.

Happy New Year to all.

Blocked by snow. Can barely reach on the last stall parked in the street....

- - - Updated - - -

20160125_180400.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Austral
A snow like this, hardly ever. We had two big storms like this in 2009-2010, but that was highly unusual. I'm not sure when the last time was before that, but it was a long time.

Lighter snow, a few inches, we get pretty regularly several times each winter. I'm not sure how necessary it is to plow spots like this with the amounts we usually get, but this design is problematic for this rare big stuff.

Looks like they came through, mostly. Had to park a bit at an angle to not hang out or hit snow.

Definitely wins my vote for Best View While Supercharging so far. Didn't notice the view when I was here at night last time.

2016-01-28 13.14.18.jpg

Last edited:
That's a terrific view all right. I believe that's Signal Knob, elevation 2106 ft, in the previous post's photo. Signal Knob is the northernmost peak of Massanutten Mountain, and was used as an observation post by both sides (at different times of course!) during the Civil War.

Incidentally, I really like the front-in diagonal parking; I wish other Superchargers used it. Makes accessing the trunk and frunk considerably easier. When traveling with my mom, I find that the common back-in Supercharger makes it difficult to get her wheelchair out of the back once you're in the spot.

Planning on visiting this tomorrow. First long drive to a SuC - no news lately on this supercharger, hope it still works :)
We stopped there twice on the 9th. Charging started at over 300 miles of range per hour, so much better than our last experience 1½ years ago. Sorry I did not see your post sooner. I believe one of the more recent OTA updates included SC status, but I could be mistaken.

Hope you had a nice trip.