Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am at the site now. The 500 kva transformer has been set and connected and the meter set. There is a 60Hz hum coming from the cabinet. According to a worker from Dennys, this was done today. The stalls are still taped off.

Man Working on Tesla Motors Charging Station Found Dead - ABC News

A man who was working on a new Tesla Motors auto charging station inVirginia has died.
Emergency personnel arrived Tuesday morning at Janaf Shopping Yard in Norfolk and pronounced the man dead. On Wednesday, Norfolk police identified the man as 32-year-old Steven V. Weaver of Angier, North Carolina.
A Tesla spokesman wrote in an email that there had been an accident involving an electrical contractor. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has not yet determined the man's cause of death.
The station, which is in the shopping center parking lot, was expected to open Wednesday. Tesla spokesman Will Nicholas says the opening has been postponed.

A man who was working on a new Tesla Motors auto charging station inVirginia has died.
Emergency personnel arrived Tuesday morning at Janaf Shopping Yard in Norfolk and pronounced the man dead. On Wednesday, Norfolk police identified the man as 32-year-old Steven V. Weaver of Angier, North Carolina.
A Tesla spokesman wrote in an email that there had been an accident involving an electrical contractor. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has not yet determined the man's cause of death.
The station, which is in the shopping center parking lot, was expected to open Wednesday. Tesla spokesman Will Nicholas says the opening has been postponed.

Oh damn....

This accident occurred at the Norfolk, VA Supercharger, not at Staunton!

Good News - I visited the Strasburg SuperCharger (SC) location today (20August2015). It appears that construction is complete - although the six stalls are wrapped in yellow caution tape. There was no noise/ventilation coming from the electrical substation, but the facility's construction is finished - perhaps just awaiting a utility hook up? The SC is located 0.9 miles off of I-81 in the back parking lot of a 24/7 Denny's restaurant. Within 100 yards on the same side of the road are a 7-11 and a Burger King. Directly across the median-divided street is a McDonalds and about 200 yards from the McDonalds is an Arby's restaurant. I'll try to figure out how to post photos - Come on, ribbon cutting!

- - - Updated - - -

Photos of the new (not yet open) SuperCharger at Strasburg, VA taken on 20August2015. Note the "30 Minute General Parking Sign" - never seen one of those before... Seems to be an open invitation to ICEing.
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Thank you for your email.* We are very close to finishing the site in Strasburg, VA but it will not likely be ready this weekend. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

During the Tyson store pre opening with Tesla reps I requested that Tesla place superchargers along the 81 corridor. It's no man land unless you have a CHAdeMO adapter which is crazy considering the number of universities off Hwy 81 in VA. The VA beach supercharger was suppose to open yesterday, but a contractor died in what appears to be an electrocution working on the supercharger for 8/19 planned opening. It's been delayed naturally.

Beautiful car and beautiful view while 'not' charging..........yet. I'm guessing a day this week it will go live. Thanks for the photos. Strasburg VA will be the last charger needed for many heading to the D.C. metro area... and onward. Those soft hills of Virginia really look great and the daytime lookout sure will be easy on the eyes for those that only need a short charge. I may use it later this year on a fall trip. I'm very much a photo guy as I watch distant supercharging sites build and go live. So, again many thanks for the photos! I hope you're the first one to charge there once the TESLA logo lights turn red. Happy supercharging!!