Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sun Valley, CA (24 V3 Superchargers, ePlan filed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

24 V3 Superchargers are planned for the Kohl’s grocery store at 8501 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Based on the layout of the parking lot I would expect them to be installed in the back area near the intersection of Laurel and Peoria. This is just an ePlan so it will be a while before any construction starts. Enjoy!

Permit and Inspection Report Detail

Sun Valley permit.jpg

You can drop off most Amazon returns at Kohl's. By the time you go in and drop it off, and go back, you're probably half full.

There's also a Ralphs, which may be the first supermarket in the LA area that has superchargers.

Maybe there are, but I don't know of them.

99 cent store here too.

Reactions: ldm58427
Since I am 7 minutes away from this location. I decided to go check this future supercharger site. Based on the layout of the parking lot, the side should be behind the Kohl store. That would be a PERFECT location because even now, almost zero cars go back there, since the stores locations are all to the opposite side (ICE incidents will be absolutely very low or zero). The stalls should be line up with the small trees. You can see what I assume is the Kohl's transformer at the end. The closest entrance is on Laurel Canyon exactly at the corner of Kohl's, so it should not be a big issue with traffic, even if there is, it would be much better than Burbank.

Attachments

• IMG_0604 (1).JPG
    IMG_0604 (1).JPG
    593.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
This location still isn't fully permitted, so no construction is expected yet. The plan check linked in the opening is all done and their electrical permit is issued. However, they are still working through getting the general building permit approved. The last visible action on that was from 2021-10-19 when Tesla picked up their denied submission, but they haven't resubmitted with corrections yet.

Have you guys noticed that since last night, Tesla has been/was updating the find us map and some crazy things are happening. First, this planned sun Valley location is gone from the map, Glendale new location-Harvey (which is LIVE already) is gone from the map and the future Lakewood location you cannot click on it/does not display details. Also, time frames were pushed back greatly, one of those the new Burbank location says Q4 2022 (crazy lol)

Attachments

• map update 02-2022.jpg
    map update 02-2022.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 84
First, this planned sun Valley location is gone from the map, Glendale new location-Harvey (which is LIVE already) is gone from the map
Don't read too much in to that. Over the last year+ each time they issue a mass update to the map they've also reverted some recent changes. They eventually add them back. My guess is that they take a snapshot of the existing Find Us locations to use as a starting point for the mass update, add in all the new "coming soon" sites, and then overwrite the website, wiping out changes that were made to the website after the snapshot date.

Don't read too much in to that. Over the last year+ each time they issue a mass update to the map they've also reverted some recent changes. They eventually add them back. My guess is that they take a snapshot of the existing Find Us locations to use as a starting point for the mass update, add in all the new "coming soon" sites, and then overwrite the website, wiping out changes that were made to the website after the snapshot date.
Ohhhh, thank you for that explanation, that makes me feel much better. That upcoming location- Sun Valley is literally a jump from my place. Thank You.