Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S Steele St. (LIVE 11 Jan 2024, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn’t be part of the name. Hopefully they will correct it.

In fact I’m surprised they didn’t just call it “Tacoma Mall” but I suppose maybe they’re going to build another one on the north side of the mall.

In fact I’m surprised they didn’t just call it “Tacoma Mall” but I suppose maybe they’re going to build another one on the north side of the mall.
They won’t call it Tacoma Mall because there is already a supercharger on Tacoma Mall Blvd. that would be confusing since they like to use street names when possible.
1705560155342.png

Weird question that might be obvious to locals - why the "Simon" in the name?

View attachment 1009707
If my suspicion is to be believed given they have named this one “- Simon” it may mean that the location near REI on the other side of the mall could be moving forward. The only time I’ve seen a “- X Name” was because two sites were close together and would have similar names.

Again just a suspicion but there was a permit filed for one on the other side. I haven’t seen any updates on that once since the last update saying they would start work back in I think November? The Hosmer and This mall location moved quickly.

If my suspicion is to be believed given they have named this one “- Simon” it may mean that the location near REI on the other side of the mall could be moving forward. The only time I’ve seen a “- X Name” was because two sites were close together and would have similar names.

Again just a suspicion but there was a permit filed for one on the other side. I haven’t seen any updates on that once since the last update saying they would start work back in I think November? The Hosmer and This mall location moved quickly.
They also paid a new permitting fee on the other site fairly recently. I doubt they would have done that if they have made the decision not to move forward on the site.

They have updated. They used Tacoma Mall in the listing address but the street name in the title.
1711809598625.png

@Big Earl @Guacahummus @corywright @bmah