Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S. Hosmer St. (LIVE 20 Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This post was moved from the thread for an upcoming Supercharger at Tacoma, WA - S. 40th St.

Yet another Tesla Supercharger permit application appears to have been submitted. This time for 7427 S. Hosmer St. You can't even click on this permit yet, so, I'm not going to start a new thread yet. It's fairly easy access off of the freeway and there are several restaurants nearby. There are also lots there with ample parking so ICEing shouldn't be a big issue. There is a new non-Tesla charging station just down the street.

1683127292333.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator note: This post was moved from the thread for an upcoming Supercharger at Tacoma, WA - S. 40th St.

Yet another Tesla Supercharger permit application appears to have been submitted. This time for 7427 S. Hosmer St. You can't even click on this permit yet, so, I'm not going to start a new thread yet. It's fairly easy access off of the freeway and there are several restaurants nearby. There are also lots there with ample parking so ICEing shouldn't be a big issue. There is a new non-Tesla charging station just down the street.

View attachment 934160
With a separate thread, here is an update. Looks like it has passed all reviews and plan checks and is just waiting a pre construction meeting for the permit to be issued. Looks like they expect it to start in October.
1692074580957.png

1692074651566.png

I’m not sure where I mentioned this before, but when one of my fellow TOWA friends had the Supercharger Team do a charger chat or something they had mentioned that by building smaller but more frequent stations vs the supersized locations they can actually save money on demand charges and add more capacity at the same time. That might be the reasoning for so many so close in addition to the future addition of other autos and just filling a void in charging capacity in Pierce County.

I went by today and there are now dig markings and a few pieces of construction equipment exactly where I assume that the chargers would be put in. I just looked and there is a dig ticket entered today. The company that put in the dig ticket is Podium services and the ticket says that it is to put in electric conduit for Tesla. So, maybe some work being done prior to the full on supercharger construction.

I went by today and there are now dig markings and a few pieces of construction equipment exactly where I assume that the chargers would be put in. I just looked and there is a dig ticket entered today. The company that put in the dig ticket is Podium services and the ticket says that it is to put in electric conduit for Tesla. So, maybe some work being done prior to the full on supercharger construction.

Excellent. Let us know when a fence goes up or when they start digging. Shouldn't be long - maybe another day or two. Are you able to get a picture of the site?

This will be the start of normal SC construction. Putting in conduit is why they need to dig. Companies use this field differently. Blackstone tends to mention the larger scope like an EV charging station but Podium is using it quite literally. They are also doing the Kirkland install.
1701344617784.png