Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S. Hosmer St. (LIVE 20 Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New right of way construction permit ready to issue 12/8/23. Explanation in bottom right corner of image.
. 1703142424143.png

I stopped in last night but it was dark and rainy so I didn't take any pics. Bases for all 12 stalls are in with some fresh paving over trenches leading to each base. So I suspect much of the underground work has been completed. The cabinets are still in their delivery packaging though and there's no sign of transformer or pedestals yet. There will be 6 pull-in stalls along the east side of the parking lot with 4 back-in stalls opposite them and then 2 back-in stalls in the north corner of the lot.

This site is VERY weirdly laid out. There are a total of 12 stalls. 7 are pull-ins, 2 are back ins that are 90° off axis from the pull-in stalls, then 5 are back ins in a different portion of the parking lot. This could cause some congestion with people just trying to pull in and out of the spots.

I can confirm this station will be a V4 dispenser connected to a V3 cabinet.

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6106.jpeg
    IMG_6106.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6107.jpeg
    IMG_6107.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6109.jpeg
    IMG_6109.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 37
This site is VERY weirdly laid out. There are a total of 12 stalls. 7 are pull-ins, 2 are back ins that are 90° off axis from the pull-in stalls, then 5 are back ins in a different portion of the parking lot. This could cause some congestion with people just trying to pull in and out of the spots.

I can confirm this station will be a V4 dispenser connected to a V3 cabinet.
I agree that this layout is weird and will likely cause some problems when multiple cars are trying to park/leave at the same time. The parking lot is also a fairly busy one at peak dining hours (it's an Elmer's).

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
I agree that this layout is weird and will likely cause some problems when multiple cars are trying to park/leave at the same time. The parking lot is also a fairly busy one at peak dining hours (it's an Elmer's).
From what I was visually able to gather this is the layout of this site. I do not remember the exit onto Hosmer St in front of the supercharger. But it was dark and fenced. It may be little less of a congestion point if this site keeps that exit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.51.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.51.28 AM.png
    4 MB · Views: 29
From what I was visually able to gather this is the layout of this site. I do not remember the exit onto Hosmer St in front of the supercharger. But it was dark and fenced. It may be little less of a congestion point if this site keeps that exit.
That exit is fenced off now due to trenching but it is there. I visited the site before the trenching and entered through that entrance.

Reactions: bruce4000
That exit is fenced off now due to trenching but it is there. I visited the site before the trenching and entered through that entrance.
There's not a lot of space between the exit/entrance and the pull in stalls. There could be a lot of awkwardness for people trying to turn left into the lot (the way you would come from the freeway) while someone may be trying to back out of the pull-in stalls.

If someone towing pulled into any of those pull-in stalls they would create pandemonium at the charger... As someone who is moving in a few months and will be towing, this site looks promising yet terrifying. The new Tukwila site will be much more useful given it's dedicated pull-through lane for trailers.

If someone towing pulled into any of those pull-in stalls they would create pandemonium at the charger... As someone who is moving in a few months and will be towing, this site looks promising yet terrifying. The new Tukwila site will be much more useful given it's dedicated pull-through lane for trailers.
I would say that charging with a trailer would not be possible at this site at any time other than overnight hours when very few people need to pull into the lot or charge.

A somewhat weird update. After quite a while with no work being done on this site, I stopped by today and there was a lot of activity. There are still no pedestals, but there was a Tacoma Power truck there and what appeared to be the transformer. I haven't followed the construction on as many sites as some others, but I've never seen a transformer show up before the pedestals. I, of course, could be misidentifying what I think to be the transformer. Here's a picture that I got while driving by.
IMG_2032.JPG

A somewhat weird update. After quite a while with no work being done on this site, I stopped by today and there was a lot of activity. There are still no pedestals, but there was a Tacoma Power truck there and what appeared to be the transformer. I haven't followed the construction on as many sites as some others, but I've never seen a transformer show up before the pedestals. I, of course, could be misidentifying what I think to be the transformer. Here's a picture that I got while driving by.View attachment 1014070
Sure looks like a transformer and is unusual to have before pedestals. If the Utility work is done this sight be up before too long.

The construction crews are gone again. Still no pedestals. I am attaching a picture that shows the pedestal area. Also, attached is a picture of the transformer from another angle.View attachment 1014449View attachment 1014450
Definitely transformer. And definitely V4 so they are just waiting for the shipment of V4 pedestals. Why hold everything else up if you have what you need?

Reactions: otter and Big Earl