Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tannersville, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited the Tannersville SC on my way to the Finger Lakes region. The parking spaces were striped and the workers were applying sealant to the pavement. As far as I can tell it looks like the SC will be ready to go before very long. I'm just guessing but it sure looks like it could go live within a week or two easily.

Besides the positioning of the SC stalls, what is also a bit odd is how to get in there. The stalls are in the back of the Brooks Bros store which is at an end, but in order to get to them you have to drive up past the Brooks Bros store and maybe about a dozen others, then turn right twice and go all the way around the back of the same stores. The SC's are easy to spot if you get off of Exit 299 heading westbound and then use the outlet entrance at the bottom of the hill on PA 715 as I did -- easy to spot, a bit harder to get into.

But that's ok. We just need about 4 more like them on I-80 in PA.

I visited the Tannersville SC on my way to the Finger Lakes region. The parking spaces were striped and the workers were applying sealant to the pavement. As far as I can tell it looks like the SC will be ready to go before very long. I'm just guessing but it sure looks like it could go live within a week or two easily.

Besides the positioning of the SC stalls, what is also a bit odd is how to get in there. The stalls are in the back of the Brooks Bros store which is at an end, but in order to get to them you have to drive up past the Brooks Bros store and maybe about a dozen others, then turn right twice and go all the way around the back of the same stores. The SC's are easy to spot if you get off of Exit 299 heading westbound and then use the outlet entrance at the bottom of the hill on PA 715 as I did -- easy to spot, a bit harder to get into.

But that's ok. We just need about 4 more like them on I-80 in PA.

Thanks for checking and posting. Was there any indication there will be an enclosure around the Supercharger cabinets?

I never gave this location a second thought. But now I will likely be going to a funeral in Wilkes Barre very soon -- 160 miles away. Would have had to take the backup ICE. Hopefully this will be energized soon!

But now looking at a map, this location does make it a tad shorter to get to Toronto from here instead of the Albany route.

Instalation has begun

I'm quoting above the post from Dec 5th where this site just appeared, nearly complete. But I also saw earlier reports of people driving by and not finding anything. Is this located in an out of the way spot where people might have missed the progress, or did they knock this out super fast? If the latter it's an interesting case of them streamlining the build process even more.

I'm quoting above the post from Dec 5th where this site just appeared, nearly complete. But I also saw earlier reports of people driving by and not finding anything. Is this located in an out of the way spot where people might have missed the progress, or did they knock this out super fast? If the latter it's an interesting case of them streamlining the build process even more.

I think its probably both. Its in a bit of an out of the way area last time I was up there I looked around a bit but didn't look there, but its not exactly hidden or anything. I bet it went in super fast.

I was there a month ago and had driven the entire parking lot including behind Brooks Brothers where the stations just appeared. There was nothing there at all. Not even a traffic cone. But that was a month ago. I'm just excited that this one and the Allentown one are being completed. Next needs to be Harrisburg and another one between Tannersville and Pittsburgh on Route 80. I'm only about 35 miles from Whitehall, but if I can charge there on my way to or from Harrisburg I should be able to do the 2 way trip without having to worry about finding a working charger in Harrisburg. Though I now have a CHAdeMO adapter just in case.

Maybe I'm seeing things, but aren't there three cans, spaced at 120˚?

Funny, I wasn't going to say anything, but I spent a lot of time looking at that photo yesterday.. my conclusion is that the two cans on the right look much closer together than 120˚. and each of them more than 120˚ from the can on the left. I have no idea why it's not symmetrical, but they must have a good reason.

I would like to know as well how things are going. When I drove by and posted earlier (it was on 12/8 that I paid a visit) it looked like they were putting the finishing touches on the parking spaces. I don't know if everything is hooked up, the worker who answered clearly didn't know when they'd be done, but it sure looks from here that this site will go live soon enough.

What is also obvious is that this was a rare occasion in which the "construction cone" didn't appear at supercharge.info until construction was very much well under way. But that's ok -- if indeed there are more such sites under construction, in PA, along I-80 or in the vicinity of Harrisburg or Hershey via the PA Turnpike or (better yet) I-81 between the west end of 78 and Carlisle, I'd love to know all about it. The sooner, the better. Keep it coming, Tesla! Put an end to the PA Supercharger desert soon!