Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the photos. Unless that is your Range Rover parked in the shaded stall, it looks like ICEing is going to be unavoidable.

I'm the black Model X by the street. I saw the Range Rover there and was wondering what he was doing. He seems to be fiddling with the SC, but ultimately I think he was just looking for shade, as it was over 90 degrees at lunch.

Empty when I stopped here yesterday. 24 total with 2 currently closed.

Attachments

• CF233A6C-3B15-4966-8AE5-9B640F424CB2.jpeg
    CF233A6C-3B15-4966-8AE5-9B640F424CB2.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 97467AF0-0B57-48F7-BFB6-F3682012FD50.jpeg
    97467AF0-0B57-48F7-BFB6-F3682012FD50.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Love
Reactions: Acps110
I think that whole side is down. I was there yesterday and the map said there were 12 spaces available but there were only 2 cars there. That leaves 10 offline, and that whole side is 10 chargers.
The system for monitoring active charger use has been wrong for quite some time now. There are many threads on this, including one I started. It said 10 were at use at Kettleman, when i was the only one here, with similar errors at Tejón, Buttonwillow, etc.

Love Kettleman, but you need a massive charge to make it to LA from there. Stop by and charge anyway just to check it out.
If you’re coming down the I-5 through Burbank the superchargers at North Third Street is a good choice. I was there last month on a Saturday afternoon and there was a lot of availability. They’re on the uppermost level on the east side. The enclosed shopping mall has restrooms and a food court. Another alternative is the Americana in Glendale. Twenty 72 kw chargers on the north side of the 7th level. I believe all the restaurants will validate; Din Tai Fung (excellent food) does.

If you’re coming down the I-5 through Burbank the superchargers at North Third Street is a good choice. I was there last month on a Saturday afternoon and there was a lot of availability. They’re on the uppermost level on the east side. The enclosed shopping mall has restrooms and a food court. Another alternative is the Americana in Glendale. Twenty 72 kw chargers on the north side of the 7th level. I believe all the restaurants will validate; Din Tai Fung (excellent food) does.

Din Tai Fung is great. But not sure I want to wait the 2 hours to get a seat! That place seems so popular!

Which stop is better? I should have plenty of range to do either. I am heading to downtown Pasadena after charging.

Last edited:
Which stop is better? I should have plenty of range to do either. I am heading to downtown Pasadena after charging.

I would use Burbank. Doesn't require validation and not usually as much traffic around that mall as the Americana. Also they're the standard superchargers so you'll get a faster charge if you're not paired with somebody else. When I went to the Americana it did allow free parking without validation for some time...think 90 minutes? Maybe 60.

Din Tai Fung is great. But not sure I want to wait the 2 hours to get a seat! That place seems so popular!

I think the North Third Street SC in Burbank is your best bet. There are 20 120 kw chargers and parking is free. I was there on a Friday afternoon at about 4 p.m. and there were only 5 or 6 cars charging.

I would use Burbank. Doesn't require validation and not usually as much traffic around that mall as the Americana. Also they're the standard superchargers so you'll get a faster charge if you're not paired with somebody else. When I went to the Americana it did allow free parking without validation for some time...think 90 minutes? Maybe 60.
Agree, and the last time I was at Americana (a Friday at 1 p.m.) there were only 3 available spaces. The newly opened Santa Clarita SC has 24 spaces (120 kw) and could work for someone coming down the I-5.

You can check the nav in your car regarding Teton availability and even call Tesla and ask. That is the best source for real time info on stall status. Even if someone had posted here that they were there hours ago, or yesterday, their info could be out of date.

I am not trying to be argumentative, Fan. But the last three times that I called Tesla [(877)798-3752], the options from the recorded message are of no use. I guess which number to hit, and after 15(!) minutes, I just hang up. I do not want to burn minutes, nor keep half an ear open for someone to get on the line. In years past, the help desk for Supercharging questions has not been of much benefit. They just regurgitate the Company line: Paired stalls deliver less power; higher state of charge receives less power; we see nothing unusual on our end with Location Z (even though a stall is black.)

Maybe you have another phone number or some magic dust! :)