Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Temple, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm honestly curious what the wiring and transformer setup looks like for something like this supercharger location.

The pre-constructed supercharger modules pretty much just require a flat surface.

Are they each wired individually with all the conduit under or behind? Do they have conduit to allow for wiring passthrough? One or more transformers?

If I lived closer I'd try to stop by frequently to spy on how they do it.

48 supercharges open before christmas would take some concern about holiday Tesla travel.

I'm honestly curious what the wiring and transformer setup looks like for something like this supercharger location.

The pre-constructed supercharger modules pretty much just require a flat surface.

Are they each wired individually with all the conduit under or behind? Do they have conduit to allow for wiring passthrough? One or more transformers?

48 supercharges open before christmas would take some concern about holiday Tesla travel.
If you look at the picture in Post #18 on the Louetta Rd SC in Houston (Although its not a PreFab install) it helps illustrate the conduit which are self-contained in the prefab unit. The pad in the foreground has labeled (1 thru 4) the conduits that run to the SC cabinet pad and then from that pad a conduit goes to each pedestal. If Louetta Rd was a prefab setup, there would only be the "1 thru 4" conduits running to the prefabs, where conduit #1 goes to prefab #1 and so on.

Now we need someone to go out and scope how many transformer pads they can spot.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus

You can get some idea by looking at the construction photos I took at the Buc-ee’s Fort Valley GA location. I got the impression that the conduit and wiring for each prefab unit went straight to the V3 cabinet for each 4 chargers. And there were two conduits from each cabinet to the utility transformer pad. Which also implies that the remaining wiring is all done within the prefab unit.
Post in thread 'Supercharger - Fort Valley, GA'
Supercharger - Fort Valley, GA and
Post in thread 'Supercharger - Fort Valley, GA'
Supercharger - Fort Valley, GA

Multiple transformers would be straightforward. It could be like having 2 separate 24 charger stations in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Is it there yet? Is it there yet? :)

(Deciding between truck & Tesla for trip from Austin staying in Glen Rose with no guarantees I’ll be able to charge at destination. Waco would work, but out of the way and a bit scared of lines on Friday afternoon before Christmas.

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? :)

(Deciding between truck & Tesla for trip from Austin staying in Glen Rose with no guarantees I’ll be able to charge at destination. Waco would work, but out of the way and a bit scared of lines on Friday afternoon before Christmas.
Yeah, Austin to Glen Rose is a pain with the lack of charging options. We go fairly regularly and stop off at Waco for a charge.
However the place we stay at now has L2, so we can skip that now. Having Hamilton will make it way easier.

Welp, looks like it's up to me. I'll be in Temple around 2:30pm, or Waco an hour or so after if Temple isn't open yet. Unfortunately, probably end up in Waco. Dreading the holiday traffic.
1050952.jpgbucc.jpg

How was your charging experience in Waco? Too crowded? road construction delays?. You may want to post that in the corresponding Waco thread

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
How was your charging experience in Waco? Too crowded? road construction delays?. You may want to post that in the corresponding Waco thread

Done