Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Temple, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they're saying 20 more stalls via 4 PSUs and a non-PSU cabinet.
View attachment 1014890
That’s what it looks like to me.

Thus is the northeast corner of the lot-

View attachment 1015291View attachment 1015292

looks like they are doing a big Buccees add on south of the store. Sorry no photo.

And cyber truck spotting in the wild charging. Founders model per etching on back.

View attachment 1015293
The first picture matches up. However, this pad looks like more than 5 cabinets with the transformer in the corner. And PSUs already have cabinets mounted and are pre wired so not sure what this is. Must be for EA or some other charge company.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Yea. I’m not sure. Those two photos covered everything under construction at the time. The pad was in the top right corner of this picture and the dispenser pads continued clockwise (down) from the main pad.

The equipment pad looked huge compared to recent Tesla designs.

1707142552356.png

Reactions: Mrbrock and CarlS
Yea. I’m not sure. Those two photos covered everything under construction at the time. The pad was in the top right corner of this picture and the dispenser pads continued clockwise (down) from the main pad.

The equipment pad looked huge compared to recent Tesla designs.

View attachment 1015519
The random pad matches matches Guacahumus’ post of the 2023 ChargePoint permit (#111) which as I read it more clearly in the daytime makes sense. I missed charge point meaning ChargePoint. 6 current AC/DC converters and 4 future means cabinets so that matches the 10 groups of conduit stubs on the pad. The dispensers are half as many because they are dual port but crazy that they have a cabinet per port, not per dispenser.

It seems like the pads and everything you saw are all ChargePoint and the new install for Tesla hasn’t happened yet. The TABS application has a 2/26/24 start date listed so you shouldn’t see any fences up relating to Tesla yet. And I would assume the expansion would be closer to the original installation so to the left of the ChargePoint installation.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS and brkaus
With a bucees going in the Hillsboro area that will likely have a large number of chargers, I don’t see need to add more here for a while. Perhaps some new configurations for drive through with trailers or V4?

I don’t see adding to the current location. It wraps all the way from one entrance drive to the next. Boxed in.

Looked at the south side. Dirt area on google maps satellite view. It’s under construction- signs say car wash coming soon.

With a bucees going in the Hillsboro area that will likely have a large number of chargers, I don’t see need to add more here for a while. Perhaps some new configurations for drive through with trailers or V4?

I don’t see adding to the current location. It wraps all the way from one entrance drive to the next. Boxed in.

Looked at the south side. Dirt area on google maps satellite view. It’s under construction- signs say car wash coming soon.
Red is existing Tesla, blue is under construction ChargePoint and green is upcoming Tesla. There are 20 spots highlighted in green which matches the permit. They could do new V4 PSU and in theory the 4 standalone units could go in the parking aisle to the south. One on the inside of each end half moon island and 1 on each side of the central island. They could make those trailer spots. Would require cutting a lot of concrete and the TABS submittal doesn't match the size that enclosure would need to be to encompass all that area. My money is only the green area.
1707198973996.png

New charger installation in back NE part of lot. Green lighting looked nice at this time of evening. Definitely not Tesla.

Very light Supercharger usage on a Friday evening.

New building construction on South side is a Buc-ee's car wash, which is the first one that I am aware of. Should be interesting to see as that will likely include multiple bathrooms as well as a small(er) convenience store point.

IMG_2155.JPG

New charger installation in back NE part of lot. Green lighting looked nice at this time of evening. Definitely not Tesla.

Very light Supercharger usage on a Friday evening.

New building construction on South side is a Buc-ee's car wash, which is the first one that I am aware of. Should be interesting to see as that will likely include multiple bathrooms as well as a small(er) convenience store point.

View attachment 1023841
Those Mercedes branded ones have popped up at some other Buc-ee's. Really interested to see what Tesla does at these 'expansion' sites!

Bucees for the win! On my drive from SA to DFW there is a location in New Braunfels with 24 SC stalls, then Temple with 48, and soon Hillsboro with a bunch more. I stop at Bucees every chance I get anyway and the stalls are never busy - usually 4-5 other cars when I’ve been there. The only downside is it’s a bit of a walk to the store and there is no shade at all, so in bad weather or 110 degrees you‘ll probably just sit in your car while it charges, but it does charge fast.

By the way, the SC charge there is .31 so those new non SC chargers at .42 are 30% more expensive. I haven’t seen a SC anywhere on my routes charge over .34

Buc-ee's in Temple is going to be an absolute zoo on Monday, April 8, with apologies to the animals residing in actual zoos.

Harker Heights charger 20 miles to the west should have less charging crowds and is nearly in the Path of Totality.

That's an interesting question - which Superchargers will have the best eclipse views?

Buc-ee's in Temple is going to be an absolute zoo on Monday, April 8, with apologies to the animals residing in actual zoos.

Harker Heights charger 20 miles to the west should have less charging crowds and is nearly in the Path of Totality.

That's an interesting question - which Superchargers will have the best eclipse views?
Abbott, Tx almost on the center line...Llano pretty close too...and Ennis, Italy, Terrell, Sulphur Springs...seems quite a few near the center in Texas.

Last edited: