Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Texarkana, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol Texas EV!

Thanks for the suggestion, Cadurney, if I was going solo I would most likely do that. Or take up someone's offer on Plugshare, since I have dual chargers and can utilize a 100 amp charge. However, when I have my wife and two daughters in car seats, that complicates things.

Back to the ICE we go.

Here is a message from Tesla saying that the Supercharger in Little Rock is in the final stages of construction. I searched on Google for a permit but it looks like Little Rock does not have a website that supports researching permits.

It would be great if some of our Tesla owners in Little Rock could give us the location if they find it.

---------------
Date: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM
To: S85D
Subject: RE: Superchargers in Arkansas

Thank you for your email. We are in the final stages on construction for our Little Rock Supercharger Station, and we are certainly committed to establishing the network throughout the state. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Arkansas, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

If you have specific property suggestions elsewhere in Arkansas, please submit the information directly to our Developer Team here. We use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates for Superchargers and will reach out to you or the property owner via email if the site fits well with our route plan.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

You have to appreciate how close they can get to the Arkansas border without building anything inside the state boundaries :p

I'm sure it's a game they are playing to keep themselves amused!
It seems that way. I'm half-expecting an OK border town discovery before the end of the year...

Reading on, I see there is finally movement in AR. That would make ND and AK the lone continental laggards.

Outstanding. Funny I could never find the building permit, and when I called the permit office two weeks ago they knew nothing.
I'm not convinced that Texarkana is real. On 11/22 darrell visited the site and reported no activity. Then someone called the restaurant last week and the "manager" said there was construction. The person on the phone may or may not have known about which they spoke. One would think that someone could have found the permit or gotten a picture by now. Until then, I remain hopeful, but not convinced.

I'm not convinced that Texarkana is real. On 11/22 darrell visited the site and reported no activity. Then someone called the restaurant last week and the "manager" said there was construction. The person on the phone may or may not have known about which they spoke. One would think that someone could have found the permit or gotten a picture by now. Until then, I remain hopeful, but not convinced.

I will be there next weekend and see for sure. Will post pics of either an empty field or construction at that time.

The manager said specifically it was "Tesla chargers." I have no reason to believe she was lying to me.