TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Texarkana, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by jdo, Sep 21, 2016.

1. JMG

JMG Member

Lol Texas EV!

Thanks for the suggestion, Cadurney, if I was going solo I would most likely do that. Or take up someone's offer on Plugshare, since I have dual chargers and can utilize a 100 amp charge. However, when I have my wife and two daughters in car seats, that complicates things.

Back to the ICE we go.

2. jdo

jdo Member

Annnnnnnnnd... nothing I can see on the October permit list regarding the Olive Garden site.

I may wait a few days them trying making some more calls.

3. jdo

jdo Member

Spoke to the permit office again today. No new word. They knew of the plan, but nothing on where things stood.

4. darrelld

darrelld Member

I was visiting family in Texarkana last weekend and drove past the Olive Garden site, large empty field between Olive Garden and the Hilton Inn.

5. jdo

jdo Member

In the listing of November permits, there is a new electrical permit for the Olive Garden address. However it doesn't say what this is for and I don't see a building permit so this could mean nothing.

6. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Spoke to the Olive Garden manager 1 minute ago. They are under construction NOW and should be done in 2 weeks, weather permitting:

Olive Garden
    3101 Mall Dr
    Texarkana, TX 75503

WOOHOO!!!!

• Like x 9
    • Informative x 2
  7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

You have to appreciate how close they can get to the Arkansas border without building anything inside the state boundaries :p

I'm sure it's a game they are playing to keep themselves amused!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. S85D

S85D Member

Here is a message from Tesla saying that the Supercharger in Little Rock is in the final stages of construction. I searched on Google for a permit but it looks like Little Rock does not have a website that supports researching permits.

It would be great if some of our Tesla owners in Little Rock could give us the location if they find it.

---------------
    Date: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    To: S85D
    Subject: RE: Superchargers in Arkansas

Thank you for your email. We are in the final stages on construction for our Little Rock Supercharger Station, and we are certainly committed to establishing the network throughout the state. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Arkansas, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

If you have specific property suggestions elsewhere in Arkansas, please submit the information directly to our Developer Team here. We use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates for Superchargers and will reach out to you or the property owner via email if the site fits well with our route plan.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

9. jdo

jdo Member

Outstanding. Funny I could never find the building permit, and when I called the permit office two weeks ago they knew nothing.

10. jdo

jdo Member

So who's going to drive by to take pictures? I would, but need Little Rock to be finished first. :D

11. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Definitely worthy of a new thread in the relevant forum for Arkansas!

12. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

13. darrelld

darrelld Member

I will there in 2 weeks and take some photos then.

14. AlbertOnMars

AlbertOnMars Member

Texarkana and Little Rock, that's perfect! Wish I had these over a year ago when I made a trip to Ohio!

15. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

It seems that way. I'm half-expecting an OK border town discovery before the end of the year...

Reading on, I see there is finally movement in AR. That would make ND and AK the lone continental laggards.

16. pnungesser

pnungesser Member

I'm not convinced that Texarkana is real. On 11/22 darrell visited the site and reported no activity. Then someone called the restaurant last week and the "manager" said there was construction. The person on the phone may or may not have known about which they spoke. One would think that someone could have found the permit or gotten a picture by now. Until then, I remain hopeful, but not convinced.

17. darrelld

darrelld Member

I will be there next weekend and see for sure. Will post pics of either an empty field or construction at that time.

18. Meachdc!

Meachdc! Member

E-mail from Tesla Supercharger team yesterday said that construction on the LR site had not been started but that they were committed to a network ( ? #) of stations throughout the state. Hopefully it will be "soon".

19. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

The manager said specifically it was "Tesla chargers." I have no reason to believe she was lying to me.

20. pnungesser

pnungesser Member

I feel somewhat better, but still waiting on pictures. There have been several cases on other threads when hotel desk clerks gave misinformation, either through ignorance or just to mess with the caller.