Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
Moderator note: The first two posts in this thread were moved from the thread for the Visalia Supercharger.

Traver, CA just showed up on Tesla’s new supercharging map for 2020, just 8 miles up the road from this spot in Goshen. They must be one and the same?

The Visalia pin is still there too, along with Bakersfield, Merced, Modesto, and Elk Grove.

Maybe 2020 is the year we see some SR99 love.

559134D9-DC4B-44C0-8B73-680B3C3D86AB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m guessing the Traver charger is going to be mainly for SEMI
My guess is that Megachargers for the Tesla Semi will be dedicated facilities and not for use by S/X/3/Y vehicles. That would simplify Megacharger location design and operation.

It’s good to see more Superchargers coming to 99! Given the huge number of Teslas currently being sold in California we can’t have too many choices. :D

There is not much at Traver. Bravo Farms. A gas station or two. A travel center. Some large buildings. Some open ground. I highly doubt that Tesla would build an installation like Kettleman City if Goshen will have 24 stalls just nine miles down the road.

While I do not doubt the veracity of the pin on Tesla's map, I question whether Traver is really going to be a location. I suspect that there are more sensible locations along the 99 corridor that would ease congestion and afford opportunities for people using SR99.

Lately, Tesla has been making an effort to pair Supercharger locations - for example, Rocklin, Sacramento, Bakersfield, etc. I suspect this location is set to become Visalia's twin and might find itself a little further south than suggested in the map.

Is there any chance this is a supercharger location? It's located at Bravo Farms Vintage Cheese Factory. CSS
Just noting that the address in the permit is wrong, and the location is already listed in Plugshare with a picture (2 weeks ago): PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

I think there is a good chance that this is a SuperCharger location as Tesla site shows a future location going in Traver. I live near the area and in the next week or two I can go check it out and see any progress and take some pictures.

Reactions: Pluto
I was able to swing by and grab some pictures before dark. Does anyone know if those are Tesla cabinets? I didn't see any markings anywhere. There's also what looks like battery storage right next to them.
View attachment 567406 View attachment 567407
Yes, bingo! Nice pics and kudos to Pluto for finding the permit, too. Those are 4 V3 supercharger cabinets and the associated electrical switchgear (power distribution). That will mean 16 V3 stalls here. Just visible in the background next to the port-a-potty you can see some of the boxes for the supercharger pedestals, too.

Address: 36005 CA-99, Traver, CA 93673

GPS: 36.448827, -119.486619

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Yes, bingo! Nice pics and kudos to Pluto for finding the permit, too. Those are 4 V3 supercharger cabinets and the associated electrical switchgear (power distribution). That will mean 16 V3 stalls here. Just visible in the background next to the port-a-potty you can see some of the boxes for the supercharger pedestals, too.

Address: 36005 CA-99, Traver, CA 93673

GPS: 36.448827, -119.486619

@Chuq @MarcoRP
Thanks for confirming, done! And wow fantastic eyes for noticing the pedestal boxes, I can barely even tell when zoomed in!

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming, done! And wow fantastic eyes for noticing the pedestal boxes, I can barely even tell when zoomed in!
I was looking really closely at the background with it zoomed in and comparing to the Google maps street view to try and figure out exactly which lot/area the chargers were being built in so I could list a GPS for them. I definitely wouldn't have seen them otherwise.

Lately, Tesla has been making an effort to pair Supercharger locations - for example, Rocklin, Sacramento, Bakersfield, etc. I suspect this location is set to become Visalia's twin and might find itself a little further south than suggested in the map.

Yeah, my impression is that this one will get the majority of traffic coming from the Bay Area and Sacramento while the Visalia charger will get northbound traffic from SoCal. It will help keep the stalls free, especially on summer weekends when everyone is heading to the Sierras.

Traver, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-99

CA-99

To: Fresno, CA - 36.6 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Turlock, CA - 110.1 miles

This is awesome. When heading home from LA or San Diego in an ICE car I always used to drive the 5 and then 99 home. I no longer own any ICE cars so Tesla nav and ABRP will always send me up along the 5 and then highway 165 home because of plenty of superchargers on I-5 and the Fresno one being constantly full. Now that 99 is slowly getting more superchargers this one in particular will totally help me avoid 5 which is just wonderful!

Reactions: ElectricCyclist