Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Twin Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today (Thursday), no new paint:
IMG_0246.jpg

Here's the latest (from yesterday, 23 OCT) from the Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce:

"...the station is looking relatively complete. I haven't touched base with the Tesla folks about a timeline for turning on the switch...but hopefully, it will be soon. I'll check in with them today and will let you know if I find out any details. We're having the parking lot re-paved on Monday/Tuesday - and then they'll repaint the parking lines (yes, these will be perpendicular spaces, not diagonal....those were the old lines in the photo)."

Here's the latest (from yesterday, 23 OCT) from the Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce:

"...the station is looking relatively complete. I haven't touched base with the Tesla folks about a timeline for turning on the switch...but hopefully, it will be soon. I'll check in with them today and will let you know if I find out any details. We're having the parking lot re-paved on Monday/Tuesday - and then they'll repaint the parking lines (yes, these will be perpendicular spaces, not diagonal....those were the old lines in the photo)."

Thanks for the update.

From the pictures on the 19th, Twin Falls, Idaho supercharger - Page 10, it looks like the transformer is already in place (look the right of the equipment enclosure in the second picture). That means that after paving and painting, all that is left is for the electricity to be turned on and Tesla to do their checkout test.

The "Bronze Spike" for filling the I-84 gap between Seattle and Salt Lake City should go in soon at Twin Falls!

[
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoneySo it's 147 miles from Twin Falls to Tremonton.
How would that be in winter?

QUOTE=Rancher;1209995]I've driven that a few times in my P85+; driving right at the speed limit it takes about 200 miles of range in summer.[/QUOTE]

With V 7, I charged to 220 at Trementon and arrived at Twin Falls with about 50 rated miles, drove about 3-5 over speed limit (except for early hills). Mild headwind, temps mid 50's.

Yes, the trip from Tremonton-Idaho Falls doesn't take quite as much juice for me, either.

Tremonton is about 700 feet higher than Idaho Falls. My rule of thumb is 6 rated miles per 1,000 feet. That means there is an additional 4 rated miles of elevation potential energy going Tremonton to Idaho Falls and about 4 less the other way. The means that if all other conditions were equal, wind, temperature, etc, then it would take about 8 more rated miles for the trip from Idaho Falls vs the other way.

An 8 rated mile net difference is just enough to be noticeable, but wind and weather can easily erase that and more.

I was browsing around the areas near me on Plugshare to see if there was anything new, and I saw a new marker on the Visitors’ Center, but it was a green marker for a Level 2, so it’s not the Supercharger yet. I clicked into it, and it lists a Roadster wall charger (really?) and a Model S wall charger. I live a couple of hours away, so I haven’t had a chance yet to go check on it and confirm or deny, but I seriously doubt there is actually a Roadster charger there. Regardless, it seems that they do have something, and that would be cool anyway. It would also be nice if the HPWC was higher than 40A for those with dual chargers, although I won’t be able to verify that if I go to check it out, since I only have the single charger.

Thanks for posting the photos, Rocky. We'll be heading back to Seattle in about 10 days, so we can only hope . . .

I’m replying to the comment from @ferdboyce, but this is actually on his behalf, since he just texted me while he is there at the Twin Falls Supercharger. Looks like the timing on this worked out perfectly. Here’s his post:

“I’m now charging at Twin Falls, and was just told I’m the first one here. ADK Electric just left and I’ve just been “greeted” by the Chamber of Commerce. Great Fun.”

Twin_Supercharger_3.jpg

Twin_Supercharger_4.jpg

I’m replying to the comment from @ferdboyce, but this is actually on his behalf, since he just texted me while he is there at the Twin Falls Supercharger. Looks like the timing on this worked out perfectly. Here’s his post:

“I’m now charging at Twin Falls, and was just told I’m the first one here. ADK Electric just left and I’ve just been “greeted” by the Chamber of Commerce. Great Fun.”

View attachment 99453

View attachment 99454
Well that was excellent timing! Thanks for sharing ferdboyce and Rocky_H!