Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they have quite a few along with Sheetz. I would imagine if this location goes well with a lot of Tesla traffic they will continue to invest in the Charging-Only store model.

So once this opens everyone support Wawa!!

Yes I will agree, I used to live there but have moved away from Vienna. Got tired of sitting in traffic for an hour to go anywhere. at least this is close to I-66, 5 min max even in rush hour to get to it.

This with any of the sites I patronize them all Royal Farms also.

Reactions: boaterva
Tesla just officially announced these V3 Sites, two in VA. from Electrek web site

• Clearwater, FL (we reported on it earlier this week)
  • Davidson, SK
  • Dryden, ON, Canada
  • Lynchburg, VA
  • Madison, CT (one Northbound and one Southbound)
  • Meriden, CT
  • Santa Rosa, CA
  • Sault Ste Marie, ON, Canada
  • Stockton, CA
  • Vienna, VA

LOL - You realize that Fred (Electrek) wrote a post yesterday about one V3 site being under construction. Multiple commenters pointed him to all of the threads ON THIS FORUM showing all of those sites. Then he wrote that article today. Funny my comment never got moderator approval there - It was a list of 10 more V3 sites that are already confirmed.

Also, Tesla doesn’t “announce” anything. All of those were discovered by people on this forum.

Just follow supercharge.info (data source is TMC for most things). All of those V3 sites have been known about for a long time.

LOL - You realize that Fred (Electrek) wrote a post yesterday about one V3 site being under construction. Multiple commenters pointed him to all of the threads ON THIS FORUM showing all of those sites. Then he wrote that article today. Funny my comment never got moderator approval there - It was a list of 10 more V3 sites that are already confirmed.

Also, Tesla doesn’t “announce” anything. All of those were discovered by people on this forum.

Just follow supercharge.info (data source is TMC for most things). All of those V3 sites have been known about for a long time.

No I didn't know that Electrek got that from here, but I can one up you and say Inside EV's is now reporting on Electrek's report now. ;)

Despite Falling Behind, Tesla Is Heavily Rolling Out V3 Superchargers

I have found out about the new SC's here on this forum though.

Still no official paper work but I know 1904 Reston Station Blvd is getting something big. My crystal ball is showing a Tesla earmarked 1000 KVA transformer to the big parking garage there at the Metro garage. This is a pay garage which I don't like. Given it is mainly a Metro garage, its not making sense to be a SC site. Would it be a massive destination site, how is Tesla going to earn revenue this way? So I would still guess its still going to be a SC site. There might possibly be parking outside but I cant find it when I'm over there.

No I didn't know that Electrek got that from here, but I can one up you and say Inside EV's is now reporting on Electrek's report now. ;)

Still no official paper work but I know 1904 Reston Station Blvd is getting something big. My crystal ball is showing a Tesla earmarked 1000 KVA transformer to the big parking garage there at the Metro garage. This is a pay garage which I don't like. Given it is mainly a Metro garage, its not making sense to be a SC site. Would it be a massive destination site, how is Tesla going to earn revenue this way? So I would still guess its still going to be a SC site. There might possibly be parking outside but I cant find it when I'm over there.

They have lots of superchargers in paid parking lots unfortunately. I am in Reston and have no charging in Condo so I would probably still use it. Less than an hour of parking is not that much at the metro.

Maybe an 8 stall V3 site. A quick 15 minutes of charge before or after riding Metro.

That or it’s going to be an 18 stall urban site like Arlington, although it is not a great shopping district.

This is at the intersection of 123 and 234. So it is about a 2 mile walk to Microcenter.
I think average walking speed is about 20 minutes per mile. By the time you got to MicroCenter (which is way at the back of PanAM) and assuming you got across Lee Highway alive, you'd be getting the Charge Complete message from Tesla.

OTOH the Italian Gourmet in the shopping center across the street is very good (or used to be a few years back when I patronized it regularly).

Reactions: willow_hiller
supercharge.info shows that Vienna site is under construction. anyone have evidence of that? i'm out of town for a few weeks or would check myself
I think the cone is due to either a slight misunderstanding or a more generous interpretation of what "under construction" is normally assumed to mean for superchargers. Last week Tezlah linked a news article announcing the groundbreaking for the Wawa. So, the location IS under construction, but IMO it remains to be seen whether the supercharger build will be happening at the same time as the renovation/building of the store.
Wawa Kicks Off Construction Of Vienna Location

“The grand opening will feature a giveaway of a three-year Tesla lease. More details will be announced at a later time.“

Reactions: vdiv
For some reason I was not getting notifications on this thread lately.

I went by the site today. As noted above the fence is up around the site and the legal eagles notification board is up with possible permits posted. I did not see any markings on the ground for the SC's or Miss utility. As slow as things go with Dominion and back ordered pedestals (V 3 lead times?) I would think they would try and knock out the ground work and be ready.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
Saw from the permit site that it was officially granted on 9/27/19... Whats the date that these chargers would be up & running?

The sign out front says Spring 2020.

Here is a pic from yesterday.

4768B3C6-5B1F-4D0D-B396-39EEA5B5C13C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and Thinkje
I think average walking speed is about 20 minutes per mile. By the time you got to MicroCenter (which is way at the back of PanAM) and assuming you got across Lee Highway alive, you'd be getting the Charge Complete message from Tesla.

OTOH the Italian Gourmet in the shopping center across the street is very good (or used to be a few years back when I patronized it regularly).
Agreed -- MicroCenter is too far to reach while charging. I haven't been to the Italian Gourmet -- looks pretty good -- but I also have to give a shout out to Amphora Restaurant, just a block to the northeast on Maple Ave. It's a traditional diner and it's open 24 hours -- not all that different from what I grew up with in NJ. Good option if you need a longer charge.

I like Wawa's sandwiches and other made-to-order food well enough, but their big downside in my view is most (all?) of them lack of any seating, indoor or outdoor, which makes it less convenient to eat while charging. Interestingly, one of the documents attached to the Vienna permit site shows a small seating area inside...
upload_2019-10-2_23-3-46.png

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva