Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterbury CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today. No real changes. Transformer pad is still empty, as well as no meter. I didn't take a picture of the stalls because there were no changes there either. They did not have the "coming soon" covers on them yet like Danbury and Manchester had before they opened. But I think they were installed when after the transformer was installed at those sites. We are waiting on the power company.

IMG_0080.jpeg
IMG_0082.jpeg
IMG_0084.jpeg

Last edited:
Since the last photos were posted, the meter and throw switch have been installed, but the transformer pad is still empty. It would be nice if they could get this location up and running; it fills a large void in coverage.

Attachments

• 20181207_104206.jpg
    20181207_104206.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 69
857D09B3-1152-4ADF-96A3-CD9E4A93C6E9.jpeg
6B1D3AEE-7085-4FC0-954B-386925F7E831.jpeg
8CF031C2-6AD8-453A-BAC2-CF08EA69D701.jpeg
3D21440C-8929-4314-A12E-0D0E2056E9CF.jpeg
D62685D9-D0E1-46B0-8EE8-42B6C414F254.jpeg
Stopped by Waterbury again this evening. The meter, transformer, and switchgear have all been installed. The fence surrounding the SuperChargers and switchgear has also been removed. We are most likely just waiting on final inspections to take place before the site goes live. In theory, this site *COULD* be online any day now... ...but... just a reminder that Danbury sat in this state for about 6 months before finally being turned on. Hopefully this site will not take that long.

I stopped for a charge in our X on the way back to MA from NYC on Thursday with 3 daughters and our dog. One 3 was there when we arrived but left shortly after. We had about 27% when we arrived. Charging was a little slow - under 100kW - but we charged up to 100% because we were there from 5:10 until almost 7pm. 20 minute wait for a table at Frank Pepe’s and another 25 minutes to get our food, plus a brief visit to Dunkin’ for a coffee to go. Didn’t see any other cars charge while we were there, but one ICEd briefly.

Great pizza and salad, though a heavy travel day was not the best time to visit.

We were there on December 28. Charging was fine (don't recall rate) but we felt the food and amenities were rather limited. The pizza place had a line out the door and what looked like an intimidatingly long wait. So we hung out in Dunkin' Donuts until the charge was done and stopped again later for food. We prefer to use charging time for meals, to avoid idle time while waiting for the charge, but it did not work here. Yes, there are more options up the road, but it would have been a long walk in the rain.
When we arrived, I think all the charging spaces were open, but 2 other cars arrived while we charged.
No spaces were ICEd the day we were there, but the parking lot arrangement could encourage non-Tesla parking in the Supercharger spaces.