Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hollywood, CA (LIVE 2 Sep 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, that makes 14 new chargers in LA since I was last there, meanwhile our finished chargers just sit waiting to be blessed, sheesh, someone open the floodgates up here

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 7.35.48 AM.png

So we might be able to charge and stay with the car and leave if the maid shows up? Sorry I hate the concept of paying for the access to the charger.
I was just commenting on how they would enforce a fee with no gate.

What may be the case here since the nav doesn’t mention the price of parking, is that the Tesla stalls may be exempt since cars shouldn’t be there for longer than an hour. Tesla may have worked that out with the lot owner.

The only way to know is to charge without paying for a ticket and seeing what happens. Doesn’t appear to be anything posted at the site explaining the charging for parking policy in relation to Tesla.

I was just commenting on how they would enforce a fee with no gate.

What may be the case here since the nav doesn’t mention the price of parking, is that the Tesla stalls may be exempt since cars shouldn’t be there for longer than an hour. Tesla may have worked that out with the lot owner.

The only way to know is to charge without paying for a ticket and seeing what happens. Doesn’t appear to be anything posted at the site explaining the charging for parking policy in relation to Tesla.
Thank you

I replied a while ago, and forgot to hit the "post" button. Yes, this is a pay by plate (or stall) facility, like so many others in the area.
The chances of someone getting cited while charging is slim, IF you are staying with your car. This lot has been closed for some time. It may not be on their radar yet, but it will be. Do NOT leave your car unattended and not pay. You will get cited.

W Hollywood is notorious for giving out tickets. They patrol the area frequently looking for expired meters, and will also ticket you if you don't have your front plate. They will even ticket you if you are parked on a hill (everywhere in W Hollywood) and don't have your wheels turned appropriately against the curb. Yep, they have and they do so regularly. There are signs clearly posted on most streets even showing people how to do it correctly.

I replied a while ago, and forgot to hit the "post" button. Yes, this is a pay by plate (or stall) facility, like so many others in the area.
The chances of someone getting cited while charging is slim, IF you are staying with your car. This lot has been closed for some time. It may not be on their radar yet, but it will be. Do NOT leave your car unattended and not pay. You will get cited.

W Hollywood is notorious for giving out tickets. They patrol the area frequently looking for expired meters, and will also ticket you if you don't have your front plate. They will even ticket you if you are parked on a hill (everywhere in W Hollywood) and don't have your wheels turned appropriately against the curb. Yep, they have and they do so regularly. There are signs clearly posted on most streets even showing people how to do it correctly.
Yes, I can fully attest to this. City of West Hollywood is very very notorious for enforcing parking/violations. If you stay in the car-i would say mmmm take the chance. Do not leave it if you didnt pay.

Reactions: 1100MCM
i concur with weho being strict with charging for any violation. i once parked at mels diner, was eating, and came back and got a ticket for no front plate.

i used this charger two days ago and didnt pay. but i have a feeling they will crack down on this at some point.

i concur with weho being strict with charging for any violation. i once parked at mels diner, was eating, and came back and got a ticket for no front plate.

i used this charger two days ago and didnt pay. but i have a feeling they will crack down on this at some point.
At Mel's, I imagine you were parked at a meter, and not in their lot, right? The city does not have the legal right to ticket in a private lot, with the exception of handicap enforcement. Well, at least I think they don't...

ok some update on this charging site. ive been charging a few times here in the 2 weeks its been open. i was there tonight, when sunset blvd was really busy, often 6-7 cars queuing up for an open charger. anyways, walking around were LA traffic control people who warned everyone that within a week or two, they will be enforcing parking rates ($2 an hour from 8am-6pm on weekdays). lets see how this is enforced

ok some update on this charging site. ive been charging a few times here in the 2 weeks its been open. i was there tonight, when sunset blvd was really busy, often 6-7 cars queuing up for an open charger. anyways, walking around were LA traffic control people who warned everyone that within a week or two, they will be enforcing parking rates ($2 an hour from 8am-6pm on weekdays). lets see how this is enforced
Yikes! That is a lot of cars waiting, in such a small lot. Just goes to show how desperate a need there is for urban charging. I hope they can find some more locations in this area.

Yikes! That is a lot of cars waiting, in such a small lot. Just goes to show how desperate a need there is for urban charging. I hope they can find some more locations in this area.
Looking at the LA metro area this is the only charger west of I-405 and not of I-10! Compared to the region west of I-405 need to increase by 10-20x to match then increase another 20x and spread them out.

Looking at the LA metro area this is the only charger west of I-405 and not of I-10! Compared to the region west of I-405 need to increase by 10-20x to match then increase another 20x and spread them out.
(I think you meant "east" of the I-405). Yes, this is a huge urban area, with tons of multi-unit dwellings. This is the only site in the region that serves an area that borders the I-405, the I-10 and the 101. There has to be well over 1,000,000 people in this area, possibly double that. But where to put them? Real estate is ridiculously tight and expensive. Maybe in some malls like the Beverly Center. That could hold 40 stalls.