Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hollywood, CA (LIVE 2 Sep 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i charged up after work last thursday

very tiny lot - tight squeeze to even navigate up to the chargers...saw a mercedes come pull up then noticed he made a wrong turn. he tried to make a turn and totally tore up his rims and fender on the curb

also confusion on the "queue" line as i saw some people waiting before pulling into the lot and then saw some driving up the small ramp and park in one of the few spots across from the chargers...i can definitely see some arguments ensuing

the need in the BH and weho area is there, but this lot isnt going to be my favorite charging spot for the above reasons

Reactions: rayluis1988
The paid parking garage near me that has a Supercharger in it has reduced the price to charge to 22¢/kWh 24/7, I assume that's to make up for having to pay for parking. Perhaps they have started policing the gate full time. All the times I have been there (before this change) the lot was open and you could come and go.

They posted a sign as you pull up to the chargers saying "EV Charging must pay for parking." I've seen some people pay, but never parking police. I've never paid and charge about once a week here. I'll report back if I get a ticket!

P.S. I'm not advising anyone do this method...

Reactions: Sparky1
They posted a sign as you pull up to the chargers saying "EV Charging must pay for parking." I've seen some people pay, but never parking police. I've never paid and charge about once a week here. I'll report back if I get a ticket!

P.S. I'm not advising anyone do this method...

i went back a couple weeks ago during the day and didn't pay. i stayed in the car while charging tho. saw a few people pull in after me and no one paid.

saw the sign too but honestly, i don't see them enforcing it unless you abandon your vehicle in the lot after charging and try to leave it there all day.

I was there charging at 4 am Sunday, when the WeHo parking enforcement guy showed up. I argued with him for a bit to no avail, but then he let me go buy a parking pass for $2 to avoid a $60 ticket. The tesla charging in the handicap spot got no such mercy. Beware, WeHo parking police seem to be eager to swing by the lot and ticket teslas.

I was there charging at 4 am Sunday, when the WeHo parking enforcement guy showed up. I argued with him for a bit to no avail, but then he let me go buy a parking pass for $2 to avoid a $60 ticket. The tesla charging in the handicap spot got no such mercy. Beware, WeHo parking police seem to be eager to swing by the lot and ticket teslas.
I’ve lived in West Hollywood and any long time resident will tell you, their parking enforcement is aggressive. Especially late into the night, they are really out on the prowl.

Interesting on the ADA spot as unless they changed the signage, it is explicitly signed to allow non-placarded vehicles to charge ("use last").

A couple of months ago, I saw parking enforcement ticketing a car for not curbing their wheels. Her car was parked on the same street, and her wheels were not curbed either. I called her on it and took a picture of her and her car. She didn't car, but she did drive around the block to check my car to see if she could ticket me for anything. Fortunately, I had money in the meter, curbed my wheels, and attached my front license plate.

Yeah, I've been charging here pretty regularly on Saturdays around 7am, since it opened. I live a block away, so walk home while charging. When I went to get my car this past Saturday, parking enforcement was there giving tickets. The nice lady next to me, got me a parking pass and I gave her $5 for saving my butt.

Guess I'll be paying for parking now that they are clearly targeting the charging part of the lot.

FYI, this site has added some ChargePoint high speed chargers, maybe 8 of them. Can save you some time as they are usually empty and the Superchargers get very busy. The Parking enforcement was ticketing someone at the ChargePoint chargers too.

• Informative
Are they ticketing for ignoring a No Stopping sign? If I am in my car I am not parking yet so I don't need to pay for parking. If I pull into a metered space on the street and stop there for a minute and then drive away I haven't parked. If I look up directions on my GPS while I am stopped and then drive away, again, I am not parking. So if I charge and I can similarly get out and drive away at any time have I parked?

Are they ticketing for ignoring a No Stopping sign? If I am in my car I am not parking yet so I don't need to pay for parking. If I pull into a metered space on the street and stop there for a minute and then drive away I haven't parked. If I look up directions on my GPS while I am stopped and then drive away, again, I am not parking. So if I charge and I can similarly get out and drive away at any time have I parked?
I suggest you don’t try that in West Hollywood. Pretty sure your car has to be in “park” in order to charge.

I suggest you don’t try that in West Hollywood. Pretty sure your car has to be in “park” in order to charge.
There is a difference between stopping and parking. If you are parked, you are parked.

If I am with the car I am stopped, if I walk away from the car it is parked

Still don't know if the popo are ticketing for stopping or parking
I get what you are saying, and there is probably a legal definition to distinguish between the two, but I don't know what it is. If you are sleeping in your car, are you parked, not stopped. If you are charging, you are definitely parked. Being in the car has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
If I am with the car I am stopped, if I walk away from the car it is parked

Still don't know if the popo are ticketing for stopping or parking
Maybe try going to a busy downtown area with 2 hour parking and sleep in your car for 8 hours during the day and see if you get a ticket. By your logic you are just stopped for 8 hours and not parked because you are in the car so you shouldn't get a ticket. I'd bet reality is far different. If you car is not moving in a "parking spot" you are "parked" whether you are in the car or not.

Reactions: 4SUPER9 and 1100MCM