Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates? I'm driving to Lake Champlain tomorrow, looks like Hooksett will have to do.
Hooksett to Grand Isle is ~180 miles, so I would think you'd be OK. For a (not so) quick top-off, plugshare shows an 80A HPWC in Hanover (it's inside the garage, so you have to pre-arrange). There's also hcsharp's in Fairlee, and lots of slower options in Burlington.

I'll be back in the area tomorrow; I'll check on West Leb if I get a chance.

Thank you both but no worries. I've been making this trip for two years, usually stopping for an hour or so for an L2 charge in Montpelier over lunch. I tried to convince a local restaurant to join the destination charger program but they were concerned about limited parking. Hooksett works fine, though it's a very early stop only 1 hour from home. West Leb is a perfect mid-drive break.

We'll stop at West Leb regardless for lunch and will take a look. If not tomorrow, maybe the way home on Sunday...

We'll stop at West Leb regardless for lunch and will take a look. If not tomorrow, maybe the way home on Sunday...
Your report(s) would be more valuable than mine. I'm driving the "family moving van" (aka pickup) on the MA-NH runs these days, so I can only report the status of the utility connection and charger power as indicated by lighted bollard logos, but I can't do a charge test.

My mother has a place on the other side of the lake in NY, about 10 miles from the Charlotte - Essex ferry. I hired a contractor to put in a 240v NEMA 10-50 outlet in the driveway for a few hundred bucks, most of it in copper wiring. A worthwhile investment.

Hooksett to Grand Isle is ~180 miles, so I would think you'd be OK. For a (not so) quick top-off, plugshare shows an 80A HPWC in Hanover (it's inside the garage, so you have to pre-arrange). There's also hcsharp's in Fairlee, and lots of slower options in Burlington.

Actually I'm in Thetford. The Lake Morey Inn in Fairlee has 40A. I have 80A 240v but Hanover is a nicer place to hang out, get food, etc. There are also CHAdeMO stations in WRJ and Montpelier but you know that... I hope W Leb opens for your return trip.

I used the Lake Morey Resort charger a few times (my family goes to family sleep away camp nearby every summer). The people there are great. You basically ask at the desk and they will let you into a little garage with a NEMA14-50. They have a nice golf course and there is a little ice cream place a relatively short walk from there. Also, if you ever want an amazing week of fun in the run, the Ohana family camp is a blast!

I used the Lake Morey Resort charger a few times (my family goes to family sleep away camp nearby every summer). The people there are great. You basically ask at the desk and they will let you into a little garage with a NEMA14-50. They have a nice golf course and there is a little ice cream place a relatively short walk from there. Also, if you ever want an amazing week of fun in the run, the Ohana family camp is a blast!

I'll have to check out Ohana. My daughter goes to camp in the area, and my road trip is in part to pick her up.

Seriously (and this is now totally off topic - apologies all) Ohana / family camp is a blast. You basically relive your younger self, with your kids, in curated activities and food provided. They actually let me plug in at camp, but the 110v was slow and unreliable, so I went to Lake Morrey to plug in.

And to that point, I really want the West Leb supercharger up for late July when we make that trip up. It eases everything.

Seriously (and this is now totally off topic - apologies all) Ohana / family camp is a blast. You basically relive your younger self, with your kids, in curated activities and food provided. They actually let me plug in at camp, but the 110v was slow and unreliable, so I went to Lake Morrey to plug in.

Ohana is within walking distance of our summer residence on the same lake (Lake Fairlee). If anyone stays at Ohana you're welcome to come down the road 1/2 mi and use our NEMA 14-50. It's not on PlugShare and you would need to call or send me a PM. 4 miles from Ohana is our winter residence with 80A.

Ohana is within walking distance of our summer residence on the same lake (Lake Fairlee). If anyone stays at Ohana you're welcome to come down the road 1/2 mi and use our NEMA 14-50. It's not on PlugShare and you would need to call or send me a PM. 4 miles from Ohana is our winter residence with 80A.

Am I the only one wondering where your fall and spring residences are? :redface:

Unfortunately the wires are still lying against the pole, not yet connected. Classic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435866820.118118.jpg
Mustang parked behind the stations.

I'm surprised they don't have wheel blocks of some type, to protect the stations and make it easier to back in. I noticed them in the photo of the New Jersey SC EdA referenced as a back-to-back charging location.

That's likely because they want snow plows to be able to clear right up to the curb. I find that using the backup camera when backing in works just fine.

Ugh, I just finished a pretty bad trip from Boston up to Montreal. The three (!!!) CHAdeMO stations we stopped at were broken or otherwise offline. Ended up needing to a two hour stop in Burlington on a J1772.

There are 9 CHAdeMO stations between Hookset and the Canadian border. Of them, 4 are currently offline and require service. Of the remaining 5, 4 regularly fail for Model S drivers. Unclear if this is caused by a flakey adapter or flakey station. But, I'm willing to bet that this is not Tesla's fault. This CHAdeMO stuff is just awful - completely unreliable. I feel bad for the Leaf drivers that have this as their only option.

Needless to say, this supercharger will be a lifesaver.