TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - West Nyack, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by drgreenberg, Dec 10, 2018.

1. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Chatted with contractors yesterday. The location is complete except for the transformer. It’s up to the utility now. Unfortunately, they said this can take up to 30 days.

• Informative x 2
  2. Loke88

Loke88 Member

#22 Loke88, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Ok, here is the scoop. I called and spoke to the mall and got the contact person number and name at Orange and Rockland utility, Matthew Scharwatz. Was able to speak to Matt, he expressed concerns over a gas line that is dangerously close to the charger and waiting for the mall to submit pictures and safety survey to initiate the transformer installation. So basically, it is at stand still... I called Tesla supercharger team to alert them of the problem. Stay tuned.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
  3. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Interestingly, Tesla has jumped the gun and the Paramus location manager has emailed owners about the West Nyack location, implying it is open ....

4. Loke88

Loke88 Member

There is no transformer in sight. Do give a call to Tesla to give a nudge from your end.

5. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Any advice as to what number/name to call?

6. JerseyShore

JerseyShore Member

Appreciate all the updates on the progress of the West Nyack SC. This stop will serve me well for 2 locations I visit.
    Hope it opens soon. I will check back for updates and thanks again for the posts.

• Like x 2
  7. greenberg

greenberg New Member

The funny thing is when I asked Tesla support when it’s going to be ready they looked I here to find an answer...

• Funny x 1
  8. Loke88

Loke88 Member

#28 Loke88, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    I spoke to Matt and he assured the trigger to complete the installation was the documentations on the gas line safety issues. Here is his number:
    Matthew Schwartz 8455773090 Orange and Rockland utility manager for this charger location.

9. jessedh

jessedh Member

Is anyone calling him? If so, what do you ask?

This is about 5 miles from my house and would be great to have something closer on the side of the bridge.

10. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

It seems like the party to pressure is the mall property manager, since the ball is in their court to produce the safety appraisal.

11. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Well, I drove past today, 2 months in, and it’s still frozen in time. Fully complete sans transformer. I hope this gas line issue resolves soon.

12. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Drove by today still no go. I’m here 2x a week at my gym. Would be perfect for me. Very bummed

13. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

That certainly saved me a trip today..

I wonder what is taking so long...

14. Loke88

Loke88 Member

I called all threes. The mall, O&R and Tesla. Right now Tesla seemed to be working on the issue to clear the survey. I called the general Tesla line and expressed my concerns on the delay at this location. I was transferred to regional supercharging team and was assured to fix it. Call if you can to expedite the motion!

• Like x 1
  15. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Did they give you a timeline?

16. Loke88

Loke88 Member

No answer yet... someone is not doing their job...

• Disagree x 1
  17. MaturinNYC

MaturinNYC Member

I live here and I can tell you that the wait is probably with O&R. They have good people there and are seemingly progressive in adopting technology (smart meters, solar support, etc), but they do seem to be a little less than perfectly organized and coordinated. I had admin issues from 2006 with my solar install, then with my Power Wall install last year where one day I’d get an “ok” and the next week I’d get a “we don’t have any record of this work being completed” letter. I suspect staffing is lite, as Mr Schwartz was also the sign off for much of my residential work as well.

I also noticed today that the light stanchions are in but no poles or fixtures yet - not sure if that would also delay the opening but it could. I’d say it could take some additional weeks, but i hope I’m wrong!

18. lensovet

lensovet Member

wouldn't it be better to let these people do their jobs out in the field rather than manning the phones?

• Like x 4
  19. gutowskia

gutowskia Member

Three lamp posts have been delivered but not installed yet. No sign of transformer.

20. chateauoaks

chateauoaks Member

Hey there, been 2 weeks. Any updates?