Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Nyack, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, here is the scoop. I called and spoke to the mall and got the contact person number and name at Orange and Rockland utility, Matthew Scharwatz. Was able to speak to Matt, he expressed concerns over a gas line that is dangerously close to the charger and waiting for the mall to submit pictures and safety survey to initiate the transformer installation. So basically, it is at stand still... I called Tesla supercharger team to alert them of the problem. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I spoke to Matt and he assured the trigger to complete the installation was the documentations on the gas line safety issues. Here is his number:
Matthew Schwartz 8455773090 Orange and Rockland utility manager for this charger location.

Last edited:
I called all threes. The mall, O&R and Tesla. Right now Tesla seemed to be working on the issue to clear the survey. I called the general Tesla line and expressed my concerns on the delay at this location. I was transferred to regional supercharging team and was assured to fix it. Call if you can to expedite the motion!

Reactions: drgreenberg
No answer yet... someone is not doing their job...
I live here and I can tell you that the wait is probably with O&R. They have good people there and are seemingly progressive in adopting technology (smart meters, solar support, etc), but they do seem to be a little less than perfectly organized and coordinated. I had admin issues from 2006 with my solar install, then with my Power Wall install last year where one day I’d get an “ok” and the next week I’d get a “we don’t have any record of this work being completed” letter. I suspect staffing is lite, as Mr Schwartz was also the sign off for much of my residential work as well.

I also noticed today that the light stanchions are in but no poles or fixtures yet - not sure if that would also delay the opening but it could. I’d say it could take some additional weeks, but i hope I’m wrong!

I called all threes. The mall, O&R and Tesla. Right now Tesla seemed to be working on the issue to clear the survey. I called the general Tesla line and expressed my concerns on the delay at this location. I was transferred to regional supercharging team and was assured to fix it. Call if you can to expedite the motion!
wouldn't it be better to let these people do their jobs out in the field rather than manning the phones?