Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williamsport, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location has been in permit status for over two months. Anyone local can weigh in on why this is taking so long? A previous post mentioned that this location already has a permit for such use as is it a refueling station and therefore could go ahead without further permit application. An update would be most welcome please. Thank you.

This location has been in permit status for over two months. Anyone local can weigh in on why this is taking so long? A previous post mentioned that this location already has a permit for such use as is it a refueling station and therefore could go ahead without further permit application. An update would be most welcome please. Thank you.
I think you might be misreading or misunderstanding what the article said/meant. The source for the original comments was from the city Planning office. In that context, "permitted use" means that they wouldn't need to apply for Planning/Zoning approval of the project as the local zoning and site development plans were interpreted as supporting EV charging. Which effectively removes a step in the pre-construction process. However, that has no bearing on them needing to get a building permit, something they absolutely still have to do before they can start construction.

Applications for supercharger building permits generally take between 4-8 months to be approved, though occasionally some are faster and sometimes they're slower. The comments from the Planning Office sounded like Tesla hadn't yet submitted a formal application at the time of the article (they described what they'd seen as a draft), so we can't even say if the clock has actually started yet or not.

TL;DR- Don't expect construction until the end of November at the earliest, and more likely it'll be next year.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctor X
I think you might be misreading or misunderstanding what the article said/meant. The source for the original comments was from the city Planning office. In that context, "permitted use" means that they wouldn't need to apply for Planning/Zoning approval of the project as the local zoning and site development plans were interpreted as supporting EV charging. Which effectively removes a step in the pre-construction process. However, that has no bearing on them needing to get a building permit, something they absolutely still have to do before they can start construction.

Applications for supercharger building permits generally take between 4-8 months to be approved, though occasionally some are faster and sometimes they're slower. The comments from the Planning Office sounded like Tesla hadn't yet submitted a formal application at the time of the article (they described what they'd seen as a draft), so we can't even say if the clock has actually started yet or not.

TL;DR- Don't expect construction until the end of November at the earliest, and more likely it'll be next year.
I was hoping it would e completed by January as it is a perfect spot/distance as I travel south from the Rochester Ny area.

Confirmed - started construction at the Sheetz Station Maynard St/I-180/US220-15. Located between the gas pumps and railroad. Should be completed in one month. Perfect location for US 15 drivers between Painted Post and Harrisburg.
I would need a photo before updating Supercharge Info

First!

Attachments

• C092A3B9-D5F4-4794-ADA2-DA73E83D9072.jpeg
    C092A3B9-D5F4-4794-ADA2-DA73E83D9072.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109