Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wilson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few minutes ago. Tesla Supercharers uncovered but not numbered yet. Also, not powered.

IMG_3770.jpeg

IMG_3773.jpeg

Swung by this morning and crews were are at work on the canopy for the gas pumps, as well as other parts of the parking lot in front of the Circle K. Electrician was inside the Krystal working. Chairs sitting on top of tables in the dining area.

As far as the EV parking area, a landscaper was placing plants on the side and in the back. Someone was working around the prefab set of 4 Superchargers that I'd stood beside for previous photos & vids earlier in the thread so I didn't walkover. They've got a marked crosswalk in place from the van accessible spot across the parking lot, over the drive thru lane so there's a safe route to the front of the building to enter Krystal. There is a door on the back side of the Circle K so EV owners and truckers that are pumping fuel can enter and exit the Circle K without circling around the building.

If I have time, I'll swing by again tomorrow afternoon, following Cars on Main in downtown Kenly.

Last edited:
Swung by this afternoon after car show (wasn’t only EV this year). Took advantage of open spaces in front to snag a shot in front of Krystal to upload to its Google Maps listing when it shows up.
IMG_3955.jpeg

IMG_3961.jpeg

Video shot standing on the sidewalk near the fenced off drive thru for Krystal. Starting at the corner of the Krystal (still a work in progress) with a slower pan that ends with the drive thru window. EV Charging area still fenced off. Ten parking spaces for Circle K charging towers are clearly marked with lightning bolts and banners along the edge of the EV parking area. Traffic along US 264 Alt (Raleigh Road Parkway) shown in the distance.

Slight tangent, on the off chance anyone’s wondering. A Hummer EV was the other EV this morning at the 4th Annual Cars on Main in Kenly, NC which is a few exits south of Wilson, just off I-95. Still a common comment at car shows, “I didn’t know Tesla had a 2012 model.”

IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

IMG_3954.jpeg

Flying out tomorrow for a bit, so wanted to stop by one more time. Tesla stalls still not numbered, nor powered yet. Krystal’s drive-thru was being power washed while I was there, and the restaurant’s exterior lighting kicked on as I left. It figures the Krystal might open while I’m gone this week. smh

Back row of 12 Superchargers. Someone photobombed these first two pics.
IMG_4018.jpeg

Now going to rotate around the charging area. First four of the back row.
IMG_4012.jpeg

Other eight of the back row.
IMG_4013.jpeg

The five Circle K Level 3 Chargers, each with two CCS cables.
IMG_4016.jpeg

The front eight Superchargers closest to Krystal and the Circle K. You can see the back entrance to Circle K with its sloped path.
IMG_4019.jpeg

The transformer for the charging area. City of Wilson meter is on and sitting at all zeros.
IMG_4020.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4013.jpeg
    IMG_4013.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 6
The Circle K branded CCS side of this site went online on Saturday:

And youtuber Walter has already been out there to test, and made a video about it that covers both sides:

I did swing by yesterday morning for Krystal’s soft opening. Wasn’t first inside customer, but as I was finishing breakfast they realized they hadn’t removed the cones from drive thru so I gave’em some added practice with their first drive thru order.

The “grand opening” for the Circle K/Krystal combo site is tomorrow morning, so one would think the EV charging area should go live by then? Guess we’ll find out in the next 24.5 hours.
IMG_4180.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

Figured I’d share their menu boards since the location hasn’t been added to Krystal’s web site or app.
IMG_4185.jpeg

Western exit for the EV charging area flows out beside Krystal’s drive thru lane exit. Figured I’d double check the Tesla charging pedestals, so backed in (EV charging area entrance was blocked yesterday at 6:15 am). The Superchargers were still inactive & unlabeled.

Just rode by and saw two Teslas that I thought were charging. Stopped by and noticed they were actually doing some work so I spoke to one of the guys. He said it was supposed to be up and running today but they were missing a junction box. He confirmed it will be up and running either Thursday or Friday this week.
Ugh. I guess I'll pretend to charge if I go to the grand opening of the Krystal/Circle K.

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Well, I actually went this morning. One of the Circle K staff that was there for the opening rented a Polestar and parked it in one of the CCS parking spaces. He mentioned he owns a Model 3 and said he would've brought his CCS adapter if he'd known a Tesla while the Superchargers were still down. I told'em it wouldn't have worked with my 2012 anyway.

This is the first stall I plugged into just to be sure they weren’t live. It was the first time one of that site’s handles unlocked my charge door, but had to use my app to unlock the handle from my car’s charge port. Later on I did check one stall at each of the five sets of pre-fab 4. Guess I’ll keep an eye on the “Find Us” page tomorrow & Friday to see when the pin moves from the center of Wilson to their actual location at the northeast corner of I-95 and alt US 264 (exit 121)

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpeg

Evidently that Circle K location is going to be offering discounted gas later today. Heard that at Circle K’s fuel table when they tried to sign me up for a gas card. Politely said, “I’m good” and pointed over to the Model S. I admitted, “That’s me over there pretending to charge, since the Superchargers aren’t active yet.” Staff were apologetic and that may have been why they offered me a Circle K umbrella. lol

The gauntlet of free swag tents. Saw a few Taco Bell crew members from across the highway walk down the row of tents. Guess the crowd peaked their curiousity.
IMG_4202.jpeg

Short speech over by the Circle K fuel tents before the ribbon cutting.
IMG_4205.jpeg

IMG_4206.jpeg

One of the Circle K staff did take some pics of the EV charging area so I think it was good that I went even if the Model S was just “pretending” to charge. lol Dog Mode up on the dashboard again.
IMG_4204.jpeg

If planning to charge at this location, drive PAST the location and turn at the crossing for Waffle House and Krystal. The entrance to the EV Charging area is on the eastern side of site. If you turn at the crossing before the location you'll contend with the ICE folks parked in front or under the canopy for the gas pumps. Yes, you could take the back route around the site, but then you may find yourself behind an eighteen wheeler slowly making its way to one of their parking spaces on the eastern (Waffle House) side of the site.

Looks like the same two Teslas from the other day are out there working again. May go live today
I’ll keep an eye on the Find Us page and the app. The pattern I’ve noticed is the pin will move from the center of the city/town to the actual location. And then it’ll be active there, then the app, then in dash navigation.

When it comes online I’ll have 63 Superchargers within 25 miles of me. The Google Maps measure distance feature has it 23 miles away as the crow flies.

IMG_4220.png