Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wilson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wilson has 8 of 20 stalls active, unless there’s actually 12 Teslas there right now.

IMG_4221.jpeg

So, for those wondering here’s how the EV charging area’s lighting looks at night.
IMG_4233.jpeg

The four 3’s will be used the least at night. I moved to 3D and the sweeping headlights of cars pulling through Krystal’s drive thru will be bothersome for most folks. The CCS towers and charging cabinet shield the 4s and it’s not really a worry for the 5s.

I checked the two transformers, the CCS chargers have a few days head start, but I would imagine the Superchargers power consumption will surpass them tomorrow since the site is right off I-95 on a Friday.
IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

When I first got there an Audi was the only other EV charging.
IMG_4231.jpeg

When I came out of Circle K the Audi had left and this Mercedes EQB 300 was charging.
IMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

Someone who knows CCS displays maybe be able to discern if this was a free charge or not. I would think the rising $ amount would be shown, but IDK.
IMG_4240.jpeg

The Vollis Simpson Whirlgig Park is about 12 minutes from the site, and if you’ve never been it’s worth the detour. City of Wilson has two free Level 2 chargers about a block away from the park.
IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4248.jpeg