Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, got what we were looking for. I seem to be doing the math wrong since the output is listed as 410 Voltage and 210A... which comes out to 86.1kW which I know can't be right. Must be missing something here for the multiplication... But in any case, this is the panel that was requested!

That looks like the label from a 120 kW Supercharger Cabinet. I know the output says Output Current is 210A Max Continuous, but I have seen them do 250 Amps on my 90 kW, "A" battery and "B" battery folks have seen these put out 333 Amps. When the station goes live soon, someone with a "B" battery should show up with 30 or fewer rated miles left and give it a try. I bet they will see a charge power of 120 kW.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Please post any info on ribbon cutting dates/times. Last SC opening notification did not reach me...thanks!

Nothing yet, will certainly post if I hear something. I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets opened unnoticed. Seems like unless it is a significant milestone or the first one in a State, they have really cut back on having something "official" for it. It will likely just be turned on one say and appear on the map.

Opened today @ 2:30 PM!
20140502_143623.jpg

I wonder what's going to happen to the Bethesda location. My guess is that it will come off the Supercharger web page but that the equipment will remain there and functional. It has to be useful for the show room.

I wonder what's going to happen to the Bethesda location. My guess is that it will come off the Supercharger web page but that the equipment will remain there and functional. It has to be useful for the show room.

I don't think anything will change. There are 3 other locations where Superchargers are at a Store and/or Service Center.

Lone Tree, CO
Highland Park, IL
Syosset, NY

I heard that when the mall opens up their new food court, they're no longer going to have enough spare power to feed the Supercharger. So it'll probably be there through the end of the year, but not forever. Hopefully they'll be able to get it moved up to Rockville. A day trip to DC from up North is a bit tight without the Bethesda Supercharger (particularly for a 60), and Woodbridge is quite inconvenient if you're planning to head back up to Wilmington instead of further South. Anyplace on the Maryland side (Rockville, Silver Spring, Laurel) would make it a comfortable trip, but Woodbridge would add a good 2 hours of otherwise unnecessary driving best-case, often closer to three. Not to say that an 80A HPWC @ Bethesda wouldn't be workable much of the time, at least for an 85, but I'm not sure how an MS60 in the winter could do a day trip from Philly/NYC to DC and back without a little boost on the North side of town.

I heard that when the mall opens up their new food court, they're no longer going to have enough spare power to feed the Supercharger. So it'll probably be there through the end of the year, but not forever. Hopefully they'll be able to get it moved up to Rockville. A day trip to DC from up North is a bit tight without the Bethesda Supercharger (particularly for a 60), and Woodbridge is quite inconvenient if you're planning to head back up to Wilmington instead of further South. Anyplace on the Maryland side (Rockville, Silver Spring, Laurel) would make it a comfortable trip, but Woodbridge would add a good 2 hours of otherwise unnecessary driving best-case, often closer to three. Not to say that an 80A HPWC @ Bethesda wouldn't be workable much of the time, at least for an 85, but I'm not sure how an MS60 in the winter could do a day trip from Philly/NYC to DC and back without a little boost on the North side of town.

My suggestion is to put it at the Rockville Service Center. They might when they expand that location.

Beat me to it, but thought I would post my photos as well :) Will need to get someone with a low battery to check it out for performance purposes, but I think we can say our job is done here. Off to the next site! A huge thanks to everyone who contributed information on this one, I love the community involvement that happens for all of these!
IMG_20140502_181116.jpg