Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My suggestion is to put it at the Rockville Service Center. They might when they expand that location.

The problem with that place is that there's really nothing right around there except a couple of gas stations and a 7-11 (if memory serves). Unless they are planning to move to another site when they expand...

I heard that when the mall opens up their new food court, they're no longer going to have enough spare power to feed the Supercharger. So it'll probably be there through the end of the year, but not forever. Hopefully they'll be able to get it moved up to Rockville. A day trip to DC from up North is a bit tight without the Bethesda Supercharger (particularly for a 60), and Woodbridge is quite inconvenient if you're planning to head back up to Wilmington instead of further South. Anyplace on the Maryland side (Rockville, Silver Spring, Laurel) would make it a comfortable trip, but Woodbridge would add a good 2 hours of otherwise unnecessary driving best-case, often closer to three. Not to say that an 80A HPWC @ Bethesda wouldn't be workable much of the time, at least for an 85, but I'm not sure how an MS60 in the winter could do a day trip from Philly/NYC to DC and back without a little boost on the North side of town.
Wait, color me ignorant - why would Tesla install a full fledged SC that would only work for half a year? It makes no sense to shut down Woodbridge - it's a vital link for anyone going south or visiting DC from points south.

Wait, color me ignorant - why would Tesla install a full fledged SC that would only work for half a year? It makes no sense to shut down Woodbridge - it's a vital link for anyone going south or visiting DC from points south.

I believe the post was in response to the Bethesda Super Charger. Bethesda has two stalls and is temporary. It is also at Westfield Mall, which would have a food court.

Stopped by for a quick charge today. Worked great!! Updated plugshare so the location is closer to the chargers and added some pics. No ICEing when i got here but it's just a matter of time. Parking lot was packed.

Opening weekend for Spiderman 2, which if you notice the rest of the lot was relatively ok... It was just the area around and near the theater. So if a Marvel movie didn't cause ICEing then I would think that the only thing "worse" is going to be shopping holidays, so we will see.

It's also not directly off 270 or 95.

I should clarify - the Bethesda Supercharger is a "mobile" version with 2 nozzles. My feeling is that such a version would be useful at the Rockville Service Center (or all service centers) for quick juicing up for a service center visit or new vehicle delivery as well as diagnostics. A proper 6-10 nozzle Supercharger is still necessary somewhere else in the DC metro area. My feeling is either Germantown-ish area for I-270 or Laurel/Elkridge for I-95 as part of a 2015 build out.

buzazyhu.jpg

They are definitely 120 kWh but I didn't show up low enough to see if it is 135 kWh.
It peaked at 119 kWh but I wasn't quick enough to get a shot of it.

Tried it out today. First visit to a supercharger. Very cool; arrived with 160ish miles of range, so I couldn't do a real performance rest, but I still saw 209 mph for a couple of minutes.

There's a Bobby's Burger Palace right near by, which is awesome. The car was full before we finished lunch.

a3a2yvy7.jpg

Even at 217 miles we were still seeing 177 mph.

I charged there friday night and went with about 85 miles left in my battery. I believe I got close to 390 mph charge.. I can't remember the exact number. This was on friday night and I was the only car. Forgot to take a picture though! :(

I charged there friday night and went with about 85 miles left in my battery. I believe I got close to 390 mph charge.. I can't remember the exact number. This was on friday night and I was the only car. Forgot to take a picture though! :(

Switch to display energy rather than distance and it will show your charge rate in kW. Or multiply volts*amps...