Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers being increased in Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just had a parking fine of £60 (£100 if I don't pay soon) for using a tesla supercharger at motherwell. Dakota hotel eurocentral. Is this for real? Do you now have to pay additional fees to use superchargers on certain sites?

I've just had a parking fine of £60 (£100 if I don't pay soon) for using a tesla supercharger at motherwell. Dakota hotel eurocentral. Is this for real? Do you now have to pay additional fees to use superchargers on certain sites?
Yep, now signs up saying pay to park or you can register youe car at the dakota reception. Signs are pretty high up and if it wasn't for a kind gent in a mx telling me I wouldnt have seen it.

Reactions: IanMcL
As of about 2 weeks ago they now have ANPR cameras in car park due to numbers of people abandoning cars in their car park and commuting.

You now need to go into reception and enter your registration - signage was in place today when I passed by (I asked when it started they said 2 weeks ago as I used it regularly).

You also still get discount coffee if your charging :)

As of about 2 weeks ago they now have ANPR cameras in car park due to numbers of people abandoning cars in their car park and commuting.

You now need to go into reception and enter your registration - signage was in place today when I passed by (I asked when it started they said 2 weeks ago as I used it regularly).

That's a shame and if the 49p/kwh wasn't enough to put me off, this kind of is. I like to stop and get a quick 10 or 15 minute charge without having to walk over to a reception before doing so.

Thanks. Will be using that this week. Not needed previously.

Yes this happens (as others pointed out) but nothing to do with it being in Scotland... or with it being Tesla. There are a fair few others around the UK. In fact there is a thread on the forum listing them but it will inevitably be out of date. If you go to a site for the first time it's worth scouring the area for signage!

Reactions: init6
Yeah I was caught out by this in August. I have appealed to Parkingeye which they rejected so have appealed to POPLA but don't hold out much hope and have resigned myself to the fact I'm going to have to give these cowboys £100. It's a shame as I liked the hotel but I won't use it again.

Yeah I was caught out by this in August. I have appealed to Parkingeye which they rejected so have appealed to POPLA but don't hold out much hope and have resigned myself to the fact I'm going to have to give these cowboys £100. It's a shame as I liked the hotel but I won't use it again.
An update on this!

I emailed the Dakota Hotel directly to whine about the fine and they have told me they will have it stopped.

I'll update if this happens.

Vaguely in that direction but the Starbucks near Dunblane is asking for a few superchargers!
Seemingly a fair amount of real estate to locate some and the 2 Shell Chargers there are absolute garbage. I’ve never seen them operational!

Does anyone have any updates on the Tesla superchargers in Glasgow - I first took a test drive in Glasgow back in 2019, and as part of the sales pitch was told they were building 4 superchargers there. Its 2023, I have my new M3 and yet still no chargers. I know I have seen drawings for the planned build but no news. Does anyone know when these are likely?

Does anyone have any updates on the Tesla superchargers in Glasgow - I first took a test drive in Glasgow back in 2019, and as part of the sales pitch was told they were building 4 superchargers there. Its 2023, I have my new M3 and yet still no chargers. I know I have seen drawings for the planned build but no news. Does anyone know when these are likely?
According to Tesla's website it's planned for 2023 Q4 opening.

There also opening one in Hamilton at start of 2024 apparently.

Reactions: scotch1