Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers being increased in Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'It was amazing to park for 4 hours and pay only 0.81p though'

What's the story there?
I have to park in Chelsea, Easter Monday, so any insight welcome.

Anything to the immediate right of here on the map will be Westminster.
9F69037C-9A2A-48C0-9CD8-EDDC42DC776F.png
D5BCDF32-BB6B-4EEE-86F4-1E414AA191D2.png

I opened the map and saw Perth right next to Dundee. Shades of Australia! No grumpy salties at that latitude, tho.
Perth is 20 miles from Dundee (and always has been).
Perth is half a day's ride from Dundee.
Perth is 20 minutes from Dundee
No.Motherwell still under construction

View attachment 426452
Perth Broxden has been open for months, and they started at the same time. There must be a major problem at Motherwell. I suspect legal/authorisations rather than physical.

Planning my week in Scotland and thought I would stay in Strathclyde country park then on to Fort William. Assume I can charge at Eurocentral, which i assume is now open ok. My trip planner did not include it. I wondered if it was because my old S eith a type 2 connection was not compatible. Any knowledge?
Thanks

Planning my week in Scotland and thought I would stay in Strathclyde country park then on to Fort William. Assume I can charge at Eurocentral, which i assume is now open ok. My trip planner did not include it. I wondered if it was because my old S eith a type 2 connection was not compatible. Any knowledge?
Thanks

I just checked Plugshare, pic shows both Type 2 and CCS2 cables, and a number of S and Xs charged successfully over the last week. It's also showing on the Tesla map. Perhaps the trip planner decided you had enough range and didn't need it?

Reactions: IanMcL
I just checked Plugshare, pic shows both Type 2 and CCS2 cables, and a number of S and Xs charged successfully over the last week. It's also showing on the Tesla map. Perhaps the trip planner decided you had enough range and didn't need it?

Yes, I look forward to a top up at Eurocentral on way from Oxfordshire,Gretna en route to Strontian,Fort William,Skye,Harris and Lewis and finishing up with the NC 500 .Going on March 29 for two weeks.Not so much concerned about charging as (will the midgies be out.)

Have a great trip

Yes, I look forward to a top up at Eurocentral on way from Oxfordshire,Gretna en route to Strontian,Fort William,Skye,Harris and Lewis and finishing up with the NC 500 .Going on March 29 for two weeks.Not so much concerned about charging as (will the midgies be out.)

Have a great trip

Midges shouldn't be a feature until mid May ish, so you will be OK.

Reactions: Alset2go

Midges are not an issue that early in the year. Even later in the year it's very variable.

I plan to come home via Aviemore,Perth and May pop to Dundee to see
Midges shouldn't be a feature until mid May ish, so you will be OK.

Midges are not an issue that early in the year. Even later in the year it's very variable.

Thank you.

I am coming back down via Aviemore,Perth and possibly Dundee to take a look at the hub with solar canopy.

Have a great trip
Our holiday let owner on Skye assures me midges are west coast only, and May until early September. Last year in June I was eaten alive, that’s why we’re going at the end of September this year :D

If you’re at all worried, the midge repellant everyone up there recommends is called Smidge, widely available in Scotland as well as online.

Our holiday let owner on Skye assures me midges are west coast only, and May until early September. Last year in June I was eaten alive, that’s why we’re going at the end of September this year :D

If you’re at all worried, the midge repellant everyone up there recommends is called Smidge, widely available in Scotland as well as online.

They're funny wee beasties! You can often totally get away with it and other times not. Unless you're camping it's rare for them to have a significant impact on a holiday in the highlands. Yes, Smidge is pretty good and not unpleasant to use.

Reactions: Roy W. and Alset2go