Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1100 Park Pl, San Mateo, CA 94403
http://goo.gl/maps/J7aqi

Looks like a pretty crowded parking lot, but I hear from reliable sources that this is a future Supercharger Site.

Keep your eyes open in the coming months. Tesla is starting to do a fair amount of infill in the LA Basin and the Bay Area to avoid queueing problems.

1100 Park Pl, San Mateo, CA 94403 — Google Maps

NorCal Supercharger locations?

I know that area pretty well, I go to the Kaiser medical offices a block away. Those parking lots are heavily used. There is underground parking that isn't quite as crowded but I doubt Tesla would do that (though I know they have in London and I believe Hong Kong).

That said, I have learned from experience that when @Cottonwood says an SC is going to appear at a certain location, then that is what usually happens.

Still, I am surprised about that location.

We go there all the time. We usually park underground and walk up the stairs to Whole Foods. I will see if we can check it out this weekend.

Stopped by a couple of hours ago and did not see any indications/markers or anything else. I guess nothing will be done until we see a permit, and I don't see that on the San Mateo City website yet.

This would be a fabulous location! I'm a Whole foods shopper and have been to this one a lot. I think I've been to all of them one time or another in the Bay Area.

As others have said, the immediate area parking lot is crowded with shoppers almost all the time. It would most likely be in a back corner underground somewhere to make it viable. I have to admit I typically park towards the gym/office park and have never ventured below.

A lot of the other Whole Foods in the area (Cupertino and Los Altos) have those newer brand charging stations that were installed in the last six months. Perhaps they are co-locating with these?

NorCal Supercharger locations?

Corte Madera is a showroom only (not a service center), in a mall. Directly behind them, out their back door, are several HPWCs. I suppose space could be found somewhere in the mall's parking lot for some Supercharger stall. That location is only about 26 miles from the Petaluma Supercharger. But given how Tesla seems to be doing "infill" sites in regions where the Tesla density is very high (like the SF Bay Area and the LA area) is suppose it is possible. However, it's not on the Tesla website Supercharger map even in 2016. But we know that is not a reliable indicator, and that map is becoming harder and harder to read as the number of Superchargers grows denser in some regions because you can't zoom in on the map.

Cottonwood, can you check with your source about something I heard? Corte Madera service center getting Superchargers soon. I don't know a thing about that shopping center but that's the rumor. Kind of like Rocklin maybe??

I will see what I can find out. The Village at Corte Madera does seem like a nice place for a Supercharger off of the 101.
Tesla Corte Madera - Google Maps

Seems like S-dog is on to something, though as ecarfan points out, the Tesla facility at The Village at Corte Madera is a show room and not a service center.

Locals, keep an eye on permits and activity. I hear a Supercharger Site is "on the way" to this location in the coming months...

That would be interesting because there is never any open parking spots at the Village so I wonder where it would be, possibly behind the showroom. Where are the HPWC located?

The HPWC are indeed located behind the showroom, closest to 101. It's easy to get to them from the showroom, but it's difficult to get from the HPWC spots back to the showroom because of the one-way doors. You have to walk around the "mall" and into one of the side entrances.

Interesting thought about the Village at Corte Madera. I have charged there many times and often run into other owners doing the same thing. It is good for the store, too, at this point. There was a customer there last weekend interested in a blue MS. None in stock there, but they were glad to see how my blue one looked.
The lot behind the mall is a great spot as there usually are empty parking spaces and the SCs could be fit in by the store.