Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The farthest that I have done was 242mi from Benbow to Magdalena/280. That trip ended @~35mph for 5mi or so on 280 (with 2mi at 'charge now'). those hills from SF down to LAH suck!
I think was driving ~60-62 in the 65 areas and close to 55 in the 55 zones.
Tomorrow I need to try and get down there before 3pm so I plan on leaving early, having breakfast at Benbow and charging for ~1hr then heading to Hopland Solar Living Institute for maybe soup and/or salad at the pizza place and charging for at least 1 1/2 hr.
I will have 2 big dogs w/me and it looks like it will be raining tomorrow so it should be 'fun'
I also plan on trying to make cookies tonight to drop by San Rafael Service so I guess I could leave Hopland early and figure what I need at San Rafael
these are my guidance #'s
Home - Benbow - 25kWhr
Benbow - Hopland - 30-35 kWhr
Hopland - LAH - 45 kWhr

the best I have done it in is 95 kWhr total. I think 100-105 is what I 'need' but that is driving like a turtle

probably should be a 120-130kWhr trip driving like I'd want to

..and I am very curious to see if I can get to the Petaluma SC 230 miles away.. I know I 'can', just at what speed?
There are 3 charge point level 2 chargers at Francis Ford Coppola winery in Geyserville and the Resturant there called Rustic is one of my favorites. Stop and have a nice meal while charging.

There are 3 charge point level 2 chargers at Francis Ford Coppola winery in Geyserville and the Resturant there called Rustic is one of my favorites. Stop and have a nice meal while charging.

level 2 charging adds more than an hour to my trip. I try and hit the 9 kW+ 14-50s - benbow and hopland.
don't think I'll be able to do the cookies, thought that counts right?

The farthest that I have done was 242mi from Benbow to Magdalena/280. That trip ended @~35mph for 5mi or so on 280 (with 2mi at 'charge now'). those hills from SF down to LAH suck!
I think was driving ~60-62 in the 65 areas and close to 55 in the 55 zones.
Tomorrow I need to try and get down there before 3pm so I plan on leaving early, having breakfast at Benbow and charging for ~1hr then heading to Hopland Solar Living Institute for maybe soup and/or salad at the pizza place and charging for at least 1 1/2 hr.
I will have 2 big dogs w/me and it looks like it will be raining tomorrow so it should be 'fun'
I also plan on trying to make cookies tonight to drop by San Rafael Service so I guess I could leave Hopland early and figure what I need at San Rafael
these are my guidance #'s
Home - Benbow - 25kWhr
Benbow - Hopland - 30-35 kWhr
Hopland - LAH - 45 kWhr

the best I have done it in is 95 kWhr total. I think 100-105 is what I 'need' but that is driving like a turtle

probably should be a 120-130kWhr trip driving like I'd want to

..and I am very curious to see if I can get to the Petaluma SC 230 miles away.. I know I 'can', just at what speed?
Zextraterrestrial, there are a couple HPWC chargers in Petaluma that are on Plug Share. They could cut some real time off your trip. I used the one by Fatima once. The owner was great!
When you get to Los Altos, if you don't have a HPWC to charge at, you are welcome to use mine. It is on Plug Share too. It is just off El Monte near El Camino.

Petaluma SC - much work needed for completion

Stopped by morning of 1 January 2015. Much work needed for completion. I'll try to attach 3 photos
Petaluma SCa1 1-1-15.jpg
Petaluma SCb1 1-1-15.jpg
Petaluma SCc1 1-1-15.jpg

I am trying to figure out the parking configuration. It looks to me like the closest row of charging pedestals are pull in forward stalls and the furthest row are back in stalls. This means that both rows of cars would be facing the same direction. It just doesn't look like enough distance between the two rows for both rows to be pull in forward stalls. Do you agree?

I am trying to figure out the parking configuration. It looks to me like the closest row of charging pedestals are pull in forward stalls and the furthest row are back in stalls. This means that both rows of cars would be facing the same direction. It just doesn't look like enough distance between the two rows for both rows to be pull in forward stalls. Do you agree?
I agree, you definitely cannot pull in forward and fit 2 cars, one stall is pull in and one is back in. Frankly it looks a bit tight but must have been the only way they could configure it.

Yes, I agree. From the photos I only see 9 pedestals and the number is always even. I am guessing that are going to add one more pedistal to the 2nd row next to the enclosure. Do you agree?

SJC only has 7 pedestals. And it's one of the busiest.

Because each Supercharger Cabinet can feed two Supercharger Charging Pedestals, the number of charging stalls is usually even, but if the available parking is an odd number of spaces, then Tesla will use the available spaces and one stall has its own Supercharger Cabinet and never has to share. This happens in a minority of locations, but it is not rare.